My venture into coupons and walgreens contiunes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile My venture into coupons and walgreens contiunes

So it is week two of coupons

After the first week of spending 15.71 on "free" stuff I was frustrated with the whole game, but everyone says it gets easier. I decided to give it a fair shack and try again this week. I have registrar rewards to use after all.

1)Blistix three pack $2.99 used a $2 registrar rewards paid $1.22 after tax received a $3 reward to use later ( these are Little Miss's favorite lip balm ever so we keep this stocked up) she was very happy to see this "like free" this week. She picked a three pack that had a bonus lip balm so ended up with four. Very happy girl.

1)Crest Pro Health 1 liter bottle $4.99 used a manufacture coupon for $2 off makes ( this is our favorite mouthwash)
    2)raisin bran on sale for $1.99 each Bought two used a $1 off two box manufacturer coupon
    3) had to add another item to make it all work Trial size deodorant 59 cents
    Used a registrar reward of $4.50 and paid 2.81 after tax

Much better this time

Running Walgreen total
    Total oop ( out of pocket) - 19.74 including tax
    with that have purchased
    4 body washes
    1 shampoo
    1 hair dye
    2 2 liters of soda
    1 four pack lip balm
    1 mouthwash (1 L size)
    2 boxes cereal
    1 trail size deodorant
    Still have $5 in registrar rewards to use in the next week or so.

This rolling over thing might just be a good thing.

Stay tuned for more adventures
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 20 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree it is a little frustrating at first with Walgreens, but once you start "rolling" those Register Rewards, your out of pocket becomes less and less!
    I LOVE COUPONS
    When the world knocks you to your knees, remember that your in the perfect position to pray.

DR Plan
    BS 1 $1000/1000
    BS 2 working on those medical bills ......ugghhhhh
    BS 3
    BS 4
    BS 5
    BS 6
    BS 7

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just started doing this also, but I am concerned that I will run out of items that I need to buy that I need/use and then my rewards will be used on items that have no rewards, verses letting them expire and them I will be back to square one. I don't want to just by stuff that I don't need/use to "play" rewards.
    Also I am concerned that my Walgreens doesn't seem to keep much stock of the sale items. Example today in the morning before work I went and got 2 pks of the aloe socks. They only had 2 pks left, so on my lunch I thought I would go back and get another pk. Well no more socks bummer. If I had waited until lunch I probably would have not got any.They also limited the blistex to 1 per customer per day and they didn't have very many of those either. I asked the manager if they would get any more and she said no. So I am concerned that I will spend all this time putting together the deals + coupons and then not get any.
    Last edited by bridge; 06-28-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: to clarify
    Bridge
    My Food Diary-- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/xempress
    FV Exercise Challenge-- http://sdrv.ms/13tZfBX

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm doing it too! It requires some real trial and error I'm discovering! But I think I've got a system down now. I got the Blistex (4 pack!) and the aloe socks ~ great freebies! Last week I got the free Renu contact cleaner and the men's body wash. What bugs me and I had to learn the hard way when I first started, was that they only take one register reward per item. They obviously are trying to get you to buy more. It doesn't say anywhere on the RR or in their ad that you can't combine them and only buy one item. They told me it's one RR per item. Hope I'm making sense. Anyone else run across this?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes you only get 1 register reward per like item per transaction.
    This is not to say that you can not do multiple transactions.
    Also rewards hardly ever roll. Meaning that if you receive a $3 register reward for blistex, you can not use it the next time you pay for another blistex. You CAN use the $3 register reward to pay for your another deal, like socks.
    Also the register rewards are considered a coupon. So if you have 2 items and have manufacturer coupons for both, and want to pay with a register reward you need another item. I usually add a 50 cent or less item, like candy
    Walgreens Coupons do not count into your item/coupon ratio. It is always best to have the cashier do the Walgreens coupons last. It prevents problems.
    Bridge

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love Walgreens. I have more trouble working with the CVS deals.

My aloe socks did not print out a RR, so I had to fill out a form to mail to corp. but they assure me that the RR will be sent to me. (we'll see) I thought it was worth the test to see if they hold true to their word on that one, but for this reason, I only purchased one pair of the socks.

My WG didn't have the bonus pack of blistex. Good grab for those of you that got it!
    Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Pets Die

married 19 yrs to my
    mom to big J (18)
    mom to little j (11)
    Zena Cherry Max Lilly Chianti

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfriend View Post
    It doesn't say anywhere on the RR or in their ad that you can't combine them and only buy one item. They told me it's one RR per item. Hope I'm making sense. Anyone else run across this?
    yes!
    I think I understand. I think you mean their number of coupon per items rules (the registrar rewards equal coupons in their computer/minds/eyes).

I have combined registrar rewards like two different ones ( say a $2 and a $1) to make a $3 reduction. You just have to have two items in your cart/transaction.

In the transaction that I posted at the start of the thread I had to have four items ( but only had three coupons two manufacture and a rr.) the computer said that all items already had a coupon used on them as both cereals were needed for the cereal coupon so I had to add another item.

If you meant get more of say the blistix on sale this week to get more registrar rewards. It does say in the add "Limit one coupon printed per offer" it is listed in small print right under the box that says the "like price"( price - printed out rr = like paying) box. On the socks, blistsop and blistix box it is listed under the socks rr box. Remember they say rr are coupons so when they say one coupon printed per offer they mean one rr printed per offer.

edited to say:
    I also just noticed on the rr it says "coupon value may not exceed purchase amount".
    It also says "total number of manufacture coupons/registrar rewards cannot exceed the number of items in the transaction"

One of my rewards also has exclusions of what it can not be used for. The one from P&G says it "not valid on
    p&G products" The blistex one does not list a certain brand that is excluded.
    Last edited by imagine; 06-30-2010 at 12:15 AM.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    I just started doing this also, but I am concerned that I will run out of items that I need to buy that I need/use and then my rewards will be used on items that have no rewards, verses letting them expire and them I will be back to square one. I don't want to just by stuff that I don't need/use to "play" rewards.
    Also I am concerned that my Walgreens doesn't seem to keep much stock of the sale items. Example today in the morning before work I went and got 2 pks of the aloe socks. They only had 2 pks left, so on my lunch I thought I would go back and get another pk. Well no more socks bummer. If I had waited until lunch I probably would have not got any.They also limited the blistex to 1 per customer per day and they didn't have very many of those either. I asked the manager if they would get any more and she said no. So I am concerned that I will spend all this time putting together the deals + coupons and then not get any.
    Where I live they do run out of the good deal quickly especially the like free items. My Walgreens was out of the blistix this morning (Tuesday).
    I didn't look for socks as I didn't need any.

There have been times that they are out very early on. I'm guessing that is part of the "game"

I also figure I won't be able to roll over my registrar rewards every time and will have to use them before they expire. I figure as long as I received them getting things I needed and use them to reduce the cost of things I need then I'm not losing, even if I end up having to start from square one. KWIM?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post

If you meant get more of say the blistix on sale this week to get more registrar rewards. It does say in the add "Limit one coupon printed per offer" it is listed in small print right under the box that says the "like price"( price - printed out rr = like paying) box. On the socks, blistsop and blistix box it is listed under the socks rr box. Remember they say rr are coupons so when they say one coupon printed per offer they mean one rr printed per offer.
    this is why you purchase in multiple transactions.

I could (if I desired) purchase 5 packs of blistex in 5 different transactions, thus getting the $3 RR for each, ending with $15 RR. (I personally choose NOT to do this so there are items for others that come later in the day)

It took me WEEKS to find Olay Total Effects body wash at Publix due to it ALWAYS being out of stock (it was a great deal w/ coupons) - because everyone and their brother's sister's nephew's daughter decided to grab it! I'm happy if I get one deal, two's even better - but I don't need a dozen! leave some for the rest of us PLEASE! geez.

but anyway, that's how it works for me - If I want two of a deal, I just do two transactions. The first transaction, I'll use my leftover RR from last week. My 2nd transaction, If I have any more RR, I'll use those, or I'll pay oop for what RR won't cover.

Last week, I got:
    tampons; $5.99 - $1 coupon, +5 RR = free
    blistex; $2.99, +3 RR
    aloe socks; $3 (didn't print the RR, have to mail in for it)
    dentyne gum,(3 packs) - manf q's & store q's = free

but using my RR from last week, I spent oop less than $1, and used another RR to buy my 2nd pack of blistex in another transaction.

WG is addictive!

I went to CVS this week also, but only purchased the case of water for $2.88 -
    Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Pets Die

married 19 yrs to my
    mom to big J (18)
    mom to little j (11)
    Zena Cherry Max Lilly Chianti

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by bumplett View Post
    this is why you purchase in multiple transactions.

I could (if I desired) purchase 5 packs of blistex in 5 different transactions, thus getting the $3 RR for each, ending with $15 RR. (I personally choose NOT to do this so there are items for others that come later in the day)

It took me WEEKS to find Olay Total Effects body wash at Publix due to it ALWAYS being out of stock (it was a great deal w/ coupons) - because everyone and their brother's sister's nephew's daughter decided to grab it! I'm happy if I get one deal, two's even better - but I don't need a dozen! leave some for the rest of us PLEASE! geez.

but anyway, that's how it works for me - If I want two of a deal, I just do two transactions. The first transaction, I'll use my leftover RR from last week. My 2nd transaction, If I have any more RR, I'll use those, or I'll pay oop for what RR won't cover.

Last week, I got:
    tampons; $5.99 - $1 coupon, +5 RR = free
    blistex; $2.99, +3 RR
    aloe socks; $3 (didn't print the RR, have to mail in for it)
    dentyne gum,(3 packs) - manf q's & store q's = free

but using my RR from last week, I spent oop less than $1, and used another RR to buy my 2nd pack of blistex in another transaction.

WG is addictive!

I went to CVS this week also, but only purchased the case of water for $2.88 -
    Yeah, I know you can do multiple transactions. That is a gray area for me, so right now I'm trying not to do multiple transactions for the same thing. Although if it was a always buy thing (like Little Miss's favorite lip balm the blistex that we always keep stocked up on even if we can only get it full price. I would be tempted to get two)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm still trying to learn and process all this! It sure is a "game", lol! Thanks for all the tips!

Question though, when you do multiple transactions does the cashier always allow this? Do they let you buy more than one of the same "free after RR" items? I would think they would limit it. Or do you come back at a later time?

About three weeks ago I went to get the Complete multi purpose solution that was free after RR for that week. They didn't have any in stock (the store here is usually pretty well stocked) so the manager offered to substitute the double pack. I thought, great, I'll get another one free! Well, the RR didn't print because it wasn't the right size. Grrr! So, I ended up losing on that deal. But, I'm getting better at how it all works now. The RR's expire pretty quickly, need to keep on top of them!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm still trying to learn and process all this! It sure is a "game", lol! Thanks for all the tips!

Question though, when you do multiple transactions does the cashier always allow this? Do they let you buy more than one of the same "free after RR" items? I would think they would limit it. Or do you come back at a later time?

About three weeks ago I went to get the Complete multi purpose solution that was free after RR for that week. They didn't have any in stock (the store here is usually pretty well stocked) so the manager offered to substitute the double pack. I thought, great, I'll get another one free! Well, the RR didn't print because it wasn't the right size. Grrr! So, I ended up losing on that deal. But, I'm getting better at how it all works now. The RR's expire pretty quickly, need to keep on top of them!
    If I decided to go for more than one of the same item. I come back for it later. Seems more "sporting" to me.

If it is something a child of mine would want and I would want too. I might buy mine and let the children go though with their own in the same trip, different transaction with them paying with their own money or money I gave them depending on what it was.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I also figure I won't be able to roll over my registrar rewards every time and will have to use them before they expire. I figure as long as I received them getting things I needed and use them to reduce the cost of things I need then I'm not losing, even if I end up having to start from square one. KWIM?
    Good point I had not really looked at it that way, I think I am too wrapped up in the "game" LOL

My store allows multiple transactions, however I never wipe the shelfs empty unless there is only 1 item of course. If there is lots of stock and no sign that states 1 per day I might do multiples. Also sometimes I go back another day and if it is there i'll do the deal again. Occasionally my store will limit one item per customer per day. Most of the time that I have multiple transactions it is because I want to use rewards. For example I want to do the renu deal multiple times:
    1-Purchase renu, get 7.50 RR
    2-Spend 7.50 on a purchase tampons (5.99-1.00) & something at least $2.51 (Sale toilet paper ($5-$1)) so I owed 1.49+tax Received 5 RR
    3-purchase renu, use 5 RR, owe 2.50+tax
    And so on, I threw the gillete in the mix too.

I ended up with 2 gillete body washes, 4 Renu, 3 tampons, 6 Gillete deoderants last week. I done these deals in the course of 3 days. The 6 deoderants were one transaction for the $10 RR.
    Bridge

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I didn't find any freebies this week. Did anyone? I did get Cascade dishwasher detergent for $2.49 with a .50 cent off coupon from P&G insert. Just an OK deal. I didn't really see anything else. Hope the new ad that comes out tomorrow is better!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I didn't find any freebies this week. Did anyone? I did get Cascade dishwasher detergent for $2.49 with a .50 cent off coupon from P&G insert. Just an OK deal. I didn't really see anything else. Hope the new ad that comes out tomorrow is better!
    I didn't find any freebies this week either.

Was thinking about the toothbrush with 99 cent registar reward with some of the cheaper school supplies to fill in to use my $2 rr.

But I desired to wait and see what next week brings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast