Easter traditions? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default easter

sad to say we have not had easter for so many years because we go on vacation for spring break every year coinciding with DD off week of school and it is always easter week. at least the kids were young we had easter, at that time my SILs hosted easter egg hunts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Like many of the other posters we dye eggs end set them on the table the week before. They make an awesome centerpiece. Then we hide plastic ones for the boys the night before. Generally there is change in them. One might have a penny and another a quarter.
    (In order to make sure they each get an equal amount we hide by color for each child and the younger ones' eggs are of coarse easier to find. Child 1 may be blue and yellow and he knows that because in his basket is one blue egg and one yellow. Child 2 may be green and purple and so forth. They know they are not to pick up each others eggs or they forfeit one of thiers.)

Where we eat is generally either at my house or my parents. With family coming in whichever place we're at.

The menu changes some but I always bake homemade Italian cookies, Easter bread (for breakfast), Grain pies, and generally struffoli. I've also started doing an Easter Pizza and there is always ham, baked mac-n-cheese, stuffed artichokes and/or mushrooms along with various veggies and salads. We generally don't cook for quite some time afterwards.

The boys like helping me with the eggs for the easter bread which is our traditional mess since these are done raw with vinegar and food coloring before being baked in the bread. This is one of my favorite "holiday foods" though as growing up the bakeries only made them on Easter. After coming home from church we each got our own little sweet bread with egg in it. We'd gob it with butter and devour it with hot tea or milk while the grownups shuffled the paper around. There aren't any bakeries here that make it so I learned how to make it and have carried it on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh i forgot my husband is jamaican so we will have easter bun and cheese (as long as his mom gives us some lol)
    Reba

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

our biggest tradition....it is OURS....we do not travel anywhere to see family..although they are welcomed here..they just NEVER come...

but we stay home..started when i was pregnant and we had such a great relaxing day..

we hide eggs for kids..and like a pp..we divide colours, each kid gets their own..with candies, change, sm toys...etc..
    a basket filled with odd and ends...and some spring toys...

this year church is at 9 am....so i dont know about egg hunt..maybe on sunday??

we're in southern ontario now..so actually no snow already, often up north we're knee deep still

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12