Fun timeline doubles as kids decor
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Fun timeline doubles as kids decor

If you've already packed away the Christmas ornaments then file this idea away for next year. As I was taking the tree down I started to get very sentimental. We have gotten the kids an ornament each year that reflects what they were just crazy for that year. My ds is still enamored with Star Wars and Spongebob but has outgrown his love for Thomas the Tank Engine, Blue's Clues, and poor Woody from Toy Story. My dd's love for ballet and Barbie persists but Dora the Explorer is a distant memory and even Cinderella hasn't been mentioned in a while.

Anyway, I found myself mentally arranging these ornaments in order by year when I had the idea to create a three dimensional timeline. We drug out the photo albums and found pictures of the kids at each age, sometimes even playing with the very toys the ornament represented. We then got out white butcher paper and drew a timeline. After taping the pictures onto the paper we decorated and each of the kids came up with a title. We then got tacked the timeline to the wall and got out some push pins to hang the ornaments from. They now each have a timeline hanging in their room showing how they have grown and changed. And I have something to help me hold onto the memories that seem fleeting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very creative! I'm always impressed with people who can look at something that others may see as quite ordinary and make it extraordinary! Great job!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WOW, very very creative.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a great idea. We buy them one oranament a year as well and I can never remember what year it is from. I bet they really liked looking back
    Katy