Plans for the new year!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Plans for the new year!

Good morning!

Is anyone else excited about starting up again in the new year? I ordered some history resources last week and they came just after Christmas. I'm so excited to get started!

We spent Sept-Dec reading The Child's Story Bible for our study of the history of Israel. Now we will pick up with the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans. I have A Child's History of the World (Hillyer), and I just bought Story of the World (Bauer). I think we'll use SOTW as our main text, plus I have a lot of picture books, activity packs, hands on stuff, etc. DD is really excited, too.

I go to two HS conferences each year, and the first is coming up in late Feb. DD will probably be finished with Singapore 1B by then, so I can look forward to doing some shopping at the conference.

I think we will start our youngest dd on FIAR in January. She will be 5 toward the end of that month, and I think she's ready for just a bit more structure. She already reads, so FIAR and maybe a math workbook from Target will be all she needs.

Oh, and Santa brought me two beautiful bookshelves for Christmas, so I'm in the middle of rearranging/organizing our school room.

What plans do you have for the new year? Any HS-related resolutions?

KimBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We will be starting a winter/snow theme unit in January which I am looking forward to as I have some really neat stuff planned. After that I have a small Goodnight Moon unit (B4FIAR) planned and then we will do a Clifford the Big Red Dog unit (based on teaching ideas from the TV shows I found on the Scholastic site). After that we are just going to work out of workbooks for a while, practice handwriting skills, read, read, read, read, and read (LOL!), do some fun science experiments, work on some Spanish and French vocabulary and continue with ASL, continuing baking, listen to lots of different music and make some homemade instruments, do some fun arts and crafts, continue with Bible lessons, work on the Dolch pre-primer words, etc. It sounds like a lot, but we don't go overboard. I throw stuff in throughout the day and ds doesn't even realize he's *learning* anything.