Frugal Village Forums banner

paying cash is now a "terrorist activity" [RANT]

10K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  Zoolook 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Then I'm in trouble because I try to pay cash for everything. Here in Texas the tollbooths are not manned. You are filmed and receive a bill in the mail. If you don't pay within the time allowed, the fines begin to mount at a rapid rate. Not long ago, they published a list of top violators. Ranged from $79K to $182K. They are now talking about booting their cars. Will be interesting to see if they can do that legally.
As for toll roads, I do everything I can to avoid them unless I'm just in a gigantic rush. I just don't see paying those huge fees for driving a few miles.

#8 ·
The only person who followed me was the guy who brought his handy dandy hand truck to drag the 89-pound box out for me and help me load it in the truck! :D I was probably on a security cam in the store, though. I'll lay awake all night now thinking about this. Not! :)

As for being too stupid, is there such a thing as being too stupid to be a terrorist? Those guys don't seem to be the brightest bulbs in the chandeliers. I mean above and beyond being total nut jobs.

#13 ·
LOL you all crack me up:)

#19 ·
Counterfeiting is a huge problem right now, too, and the larger bills are commonly the ones that are faked. If a business accepts phony money and later the fraud is discovered, they have no way to recoup that and it's just a loss for them. I know what you're saying and I agree, but I understand why they're leery, too.

#23 ·
I've now read "terrorist," "bomb" and "airplane" in the same thread. Frugal Village has now popped up on numerous government agency lists for suspected activity.

We are now doomed!

See, I watch television. :D

LOL

#24 ·
Maybe if the government agencies read enough on this forum, they'll learn how to save some of that taxpayer money!

Personally I'm waiting for DEA and/or the county sheriff to show up at my house when we have all our AeroGardens running. LOL. Maybe THAT'S why that float plane kept repeatedly buzzing our house a few days ago! I'll gladly give them a tour of our peppers, tomatoes, and lettuce gardens!

#25 ·
Looks like I'm doomed here on planet Earth...if this becomes the rule in Canada, that is.
I've never had a credit card; I don't earn enough money to be accepted for a credit card; I don't bank online; I don't have home internet...and I would never use the library internet for banking transactions.

#28 ·
I suppose it comes down to how many problems an establishment has had with certain bills. McDonalds may have had enough issues with fake $100 bills, or a lack of enough change, that they changed what they accepted. The top notch steakhouse downtown will likely accept those $100 bills due to the clientele being less likely to pass fake bills.

Anyway, I agree that it would be nice if all places accepted all denominations. It rarely affects me, since the highest I carry is a $20, and I'll pay for things less than $5 on my credit card. As far as the article in the OP, I'm not sure what to think yet. Infowars can be quite over the top, but they may have more insight into something than me.

#35 ·
I'm not sure why steak house customers would be less likely to pass bad money than McD's customers.
I've seen convenience stores, grocery stores, and fast food joints use the marker that checks for fake bills. I've never seen a more upscale place do the same.

A quick search of recent counterfeit bills being passed show the locations as grocery stores, WalMarts, and fast food restaurants.

#37 ·
They are, but they don't spend it at McDonald's or Wal-Mart. It gets 'spent' overseas, traded for another currency, or stuffed in a vault.

Reactions: Spirit Deer
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.