Frugal Village Forums banner

show off your envelope system!

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  colene_me 
#1 ·
For those that use actual physical cash and actual physical envelopes, show off what you use? Obviously, it doesn't have to be actual straight up white envelopes you buy at the store, I have seen cloth envelope wallets on etsy, I know Dave sells paper envelopes in a regular wallet, some folks use little accordion files etc. What do you use? How does it work for you? What do you like about it? What don't you like? Pics encouraged!!

We use a budget binder. It's undergone a few incarnations since we started using it, and it's never been perfectly exactly what I wanted, but it works for us. I plan to try to reorganize it tonight (since DH was unemployed, it kinda fell apart) and then I will take some pics to share.

#2 ·
I don't actually use them anymore, but I made these zippered envelopes last year out of some leftover favorite fabrics. I converted an old fabric coupon holder as a clutch with a velcro strap to keep them all together. Now I just throw all my cash together in my wallet and keep track of categories on my phone, but these worked really well when I was keeping it all separate.

Rectangle Creative arts Art Pattern Linens

#4 ·
Mostly I use the virtual system and do things like sending the meds,gas,groc.,and CC balance due to the CC in a prepaid sort of way.
The envelopes I am using are
-car ins.
-furnace fund
-summer taxes
-h.insurance
-power outage fund
-fun money
I just use white envelopes in a tin. Which will switch to a safe when I have the $$. Need another envelope??

#5 ·
I use plain whites, run them through the printer so that I can print a register on them. When they wear out, I just get another out of the box and print another. The only modification that they get is that I glue the flap to the inside of the envelope so that it doesnt get in the way. I then close the envelope with a paper clip and they are kept together with binder clip. It works and it's no fuss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.