Frugal Village Forums banner

I ordered the Dave Ramsey Envelope System :)

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SallyC 
#1 ·
I am patiently waiting for it to arrive in the mail :). I think it will work for me as I get paid in cash the days I work and this way I will have a place to divvy it up into the right envelopes and make life a bit easier. I am not sure if the envelopes are already named or if I can name my own envelopes.

#2 ·
hey glad to hear it. As far as envelopes goes I believe they are labeled w/ some blank. I personally didnt do the physical envelope challenge but put all in one acct. I just wrote out a zero dollar budget on notebook paper in a plastic sleeve in a binder. You can just take envelopes and make your own categories too esp. like a specific savings goal "lawn tractor" or "wedding trip" etc. Like any system is gets more automatic w/ time and practice.

#3 ·
Way to go, Bee!

Even if some of the envelopes are already named, you can just change them to meet your individual goals.

I hope you are very successful with your finances. I read your posts and cheer you on. I can't wait until you start posting success stories.

Kind regards,

Sally

Reactions: bee9984
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.