Moms Who Work Full-Time, Outside of the Home - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I get clothes and lunches for the week ready on Sunday evening while the kids are in the tub (dad supervises). I do a load of laundry each morning and evening ~ bedding gets done on Saturdays as does the put away (I hate putting clothes away). I also plan the menu for the week and start pulling things out as needed. Shopping also happens on the way to the daycare is possible. Saturday morning gets started the same time as Monday -Friday, so I vacuum, dust, change beds and mop (if I can get to it all) for about 2 hours. Nothing new, but wanted to reinforce that we are all using time to the best of our imaginations. I also like to OAM cook so that dinner is ready to cooked when I get home ~ intention was to take a walk with the kids or workout while cooking ~ not happening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is a great thread.

Most of what I do has already been covered.
    ~Toss a load of laundry in the washer in the morning and start it. Toss it in the dryer or hang out on the line when I get home.
    ~Taught the boys how to use the washer (front loader) and they wash their own gym clothes on quick wash M-F.
    ~Put away dishes from the dishwasher in the morning. As dishes are used, after rinsing, they can go straight to the dishwasher. I start the dishwasher right before bed.
    ~Have a menu for 2 weeks, so there is no guessing what to cook. If I have class that night, I make sure to toss something in the crockpot or set the ingredients out on the counter for DH to fix.
    ~Have the boys pitch in with other chores around the house.
    ~Set my keys, cell phone, purse, etc. in designated spot everyday so I don't have to hunt for them on my way out the door. I make the boys do the same things with backpacks, gym backs, etc. It makes the morning less stressful when we aren't searching for some missing item.
    ~Sign school papers when I get home so I do not have to rush to do it in the morning.
    ~Keep a budget of when things are due and when I have a lunch break, I pay them online at work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great to see everyone plans ahead. I'm big on that too.
    But please, while you're looking at those schedules, find some time in there for yourself!
    Sometimes I think, if I knock these chores out now, on Thursday, I don't have to be to work until noon, after everyone is out of the house, I'm gonna read for 2 hrs!
    Also, at my job, as I'm sure it is with many, management is more than happy to send us home 'sick' and allow us to use sicktime to save payroll. If your employer does this, take advantage of it!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For us it is to have everything written down for the week. I have a dry erase board in the office/crap/spare bedroom. There are 7 sections. In each section is the meal for that night and what chores I would like to tackle that night as well. Each person has a little space on each day that says if there is something extra to do that night ex. Tuesday night is DD's japanese lesson. Wednesday is GSA, etc.) That way DH knows if he needs to help out with dinner/ dishes/or chores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling overwhelmed by all there is to do....I've got no DH to help out either.

I'm finding I'm doing a lot better now that I'm meal planning and shopping once a week with a list. I actually remember to take meat out of the freezer the night before! And I use the crockpot at least once a week, which is a big help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm pretty new to this full time w/kids gig, but here's what's working well for us.

Sunday is my BIG planning/laundry day--I plan a menu for the week. My dh makes lunch for Monday for everyone. I also found that putting my boys' clothes all together in their drawers makes a HUGE difference. For example, I fold their shirts into their pants with a pair of socks and undies. That way, they only have to pull out a group and not go searching for a shirt that matches, etc. I watch the weather so I have an idea of what each day will be like. My boys are 7 and 5.

For my clothes, I do all the ironing on Sunday. Then, I put entire outfits on a hanger. I also put my underwear on the hangers with the outfits along with the accessories I'll be wearing. Next, I line them up in my closet. That way, when the alarm clock goes off, I just have to wander to my closet and feel for the first hanger, grab it and make my way to the shower. I do it all without turning the light on--it's great!

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am realizing more and more that the quality family time doesn't always have to be all of us together to be good. Between both of us working, the house, the kitchen remodel (which is finally coming to an end), the holidays coming etc. There just isn't enough hours in the day for me. What's working is doing more splitting up for a few hours. DH takes Emily out to run the Sat. am errands for about an hour each week, this lets me get some time in the basement to do laundry, organize, whatever, all stuff I can't do with her around, then I generally take her out of the house for 2-3 hours to the park or this week was pumpkin farm and pony rides, while dh touched up paint, attached kickplates etc. Then we were all back together for dinner and a nice un- hurried night. This has happened for the past 4 weekends.
    I'm not sure why, but I have much better luck when I have a whole house full of kids to keep organized and busy, my own little one is so high maintainence and not having a playmate on the weekends makes her constantly want us at her side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12