Not only surviving middle school but thriving (mom brag)
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Not only surviving middle school but thriving (mom brag)

Yeah Just got back from parent teacher conferences and my middle school son is not only surviving but thriving. Yeah!!!!

1)He dove head first into competitive sports, soccer ( and come out on the other side),
    2)joined a competitive academic club, lego robotics. The leader says he is a great addition to the team
    3)His cello playing as greatly improved (currently 2nd chair)
    4) He received straight A's this quarter ( with almost no homework A far cry from the three hours nightly (with tears) that he had last year)
    5) He has made new friends that he is inviting over.
    6) his elective this quarter was art (found something else he loves to do) Just started this quarter "home ec". He is enjoying the sewing project ( a stuffed football) and looking forward to the cooking lessons coming up

His teachers said it was an honor to met me, yes me, as I had such a wonderful son (Kind, empathetic, responsible, creative, intelligent, comes up with excellent questions, a joy to be around)

I'm just bursting with pride I had to tell someone.
    Last edited by imagine; 10-26-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is amazing. Take a bow for being an awesome parent!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did I mention how wonderful it feels to be smiling after an conference instead of crying? Been several years since I have smiled after a conference of his.

Oh, I was so happy to hear that he was asking questions and talking to his teachers ( he also discovered you can e-mail them which they seem to love) normally at the first conference they ask, "Any questions?" To which he normally asked how you ask them questions like "May I go to the restroom?" or "Can you help me with this?"

Seems he has found his voice. Yay!

Also it seemed that they like his creativity. I guess he channeled it into teacher approved ways of using it. or these teachers don't see creativity as a negative.

I'm so proud of him. He has really matured recently.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations, it is amazing what a different set of teachers, different creative outlook, different everything can do to help a child hit their stride.

My DD had the best set of 6th grade teachers. They not only challeged her to do her best but help and took an interest in her. To this day they are still her favorite teachers when the subject comes up.