If Your child has anxiety and frustration...or had it growing up...please come in
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default If Your child has anxiety and frustration...or had it growing up...please come in

Sophia is 5 years old...over the last 8-9 months she has been having frustration and anxiety issues...Kevin had been working away for over 2.5 years but is now working around home and everynight he is here. She is seeing a Play therapist on the 12th...is there any advice you can give me?
    On Baby Step # 6 $18,670
    Mortgage pay off October 1 2014
    Proud supporter of Blessings In A Backpack and SPCA
    CrossFit lover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Son, 26, has had an anxiety 'thing' since childhood---probably age 8. He has recently had a new 'flare up' for lack of a better word. He is in Grad school studying for his PhD. It's stressful as you can imagine. I always worried about him as a child because of the issues he had that I knew were not alright, but it was hard to convince his Dad that he might need help. His Dad had issues of his own he was shoving under the surface at the time, so....

I can tell you you never stop your concern, but I can tell you that on meds and therapy, my son is feeling much better for the most part. Anxiety is an on-going thing--I still have it, DH struggles but does get treatment now, and so do I. DS too. I do a lot of praying that God will heal our family of this affliction, and I will add you to those prayers for you and your daughter. Love! ((HUGS))
    ______
    Cheryl

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition." -------Martha Washington

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~My oldest has a lot of anxiety issues. The only real advice I can give you is to not take your child's issues personally. Anxiety is something the person has to work through, it's not something you can fix for someone else. That is a very hard place to be as a parent. What you can do is control as many of the anxiety triggers as possible. I knew the source of my child's anxiety since it had gone hand in hand with his sensory issues from the infant stage. If I can keep our schedule predictable and the noise and stimulation down, his anxiety flare-ups are rare. He does have anxiety about school and many, many children do. I can't have him avoid school so I try my best to help him through his anxiety but it has me feeling so frustrated sometimes. I just take it one day, one subject, one flare-up at a time.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My little sister has had anxiety issues her whole life. Our upbringing wasn't the best, and I really think a positive environment would've made a difference in her life. Also, if she'd seen a therapist of some sort, that probably would have helped. It probably still would. In your case, it sounds like you're doing everything possible to help your daughter. She'll always know she's loved

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is there a history of celiac disease in your family? There is quite a link between the two. Celiac And Anxiety? - Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum
    Have you tried supplementing magnesium? Magnesium Has your child started school recently?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you everyone for posting...I will google celiac disease...she was in preschool this past year and going into kindergarten come September. Her last day of school was the 15th of June and she seems calmer now...The therapist said after her app. on the 12th...she though Sophie was very grounded,happy, and knew her family loves her...but thought there maybe a bully at school...and it made sense as there was a little boy who could be mean and say hurtful things. So we'll work on her expressing herself and see the therapist a week or so before kindergarten starts.
    On Baby Step # 6 $18,670
    CrossFit lover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DD has very high anxiety as well as other issues. You may have to reassure them a lot. As well we have had to leave places because she had a panic attack. Patience is what I would suggest. DD was help with medication. And sometime even though people tell you not to try to find something that makes them feel safe. DD goes to school with a stuffy she keeps it in her gym band just know it is there helps. There is also a work book called the relaxation and stress workbook for kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you..going to check into that book.
    On Baby Step # 6 $18,670
    CrossFit lover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

no help here but you are a wonderful mom to keep going until u find the right help for her..

a stress ball..I have 1 in my purse

hugs sweetie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi,

As my children also faced an a same problem as past of the days..But some of the people had suggest me to go for an health care center..Better try for it..

Natural Weight Loss & Health is a website dedicated to helping you achieve your health goals. What you will find is what works, what is proven and what is backed by science. No funny stuff, no gimmicks.

If its use u can verify with him..

For More Details VISIT

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My oldest is 9 and 1/2 and has terrible OCD, he started taking medication about 8 months ago or so. We tried to hold off on medicating him for quite some time as we just were not sure if it would help. We tried therapy and it just didn't really work for him (we will be trying a new therapist soon just to give it a go again). He has had anxiety issues as long as I can recall, he was diagnosed with a Sensory disorder when he was 5 and we are pretty sure he has Aspergers as well (we have our eval scheduled for October of this year, been on a waiting list for a year). After awhile you can tell some of the triggers and try to work around them as best you can, things like birthday parties are a crap shoot for us, depending on how many people are there, where it's at, all these things have to be taken into consideration for us before we agree to anything. Chuck e cheese, things and places like that, not an option. He needs his space sometimes, he needs a spot where he can just go and play alone to kind of de-stress so we try to be sure to give him his space from his brother and sister when he needs it and try not to badger him too much. School is a big stressor for us because he has a lot of rigid thoughts and black and white thinking about things. Like school rules, he is a rule follower, there is no gray area, you follow the rules or you are doing something wrong, if kids are talking in line he will tell them to stop talking because it is wrong. As such, he has social issues at school and has been a target for bullies since kindergarten, but does not tell us that he is having problems. He was bullied for several months before we knew anything of it at one point when it first started. We talk to our kids all the time, spend a lot of quality family time just talking and discussing, not anything in our family that would cause him to not want to be open and candid, but he just can't bring himself to be that way and holds things in for long periods of time, exacerbating the anxiety for school. A lot of the things that he is anxious about, baffles me, but it is real to him nonetheless and I do my best to understand that and help him with it. My husband also has OCD so he can relate much easier to our son that I can, but I try my very best. We try to explain things to him as much as we can, for example when someone in class misbehaves and the class as a while is reprimanded, we have to explain to him that the teacher is not saying HE is bad, a very hard concept to get through to them. With all of my rambling, my point is, understanding is the key to helping your child. And learning how to ask the right questions, my husband is an expert at prying info out of our son, sadly this has become our way of life with him as he just will not willingly share with us and sometimes it is a matter of safety, as he was being physically abused at school at one point. Good luck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for your post...I think Sophie has a bit of sensory issues as well..she can find birthdays overwhelming as well...Going to make an appointment with Her DR to get a referal for having her tested. I know it is something we will just have to work through.
    On Baby Step # 6 $18,670
    CrossFit lover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds a bit like me growing up. Never was treated and no one ever even brought it up or tried to help me. I hated school, crowds, doing anything in public because of the anxiety I felt. It started after my mother got sick/separated from my father. From 6 to 7 I went from a happy extroverted outgoing child to a sad depressed quiet introverted child. I hardly talked, I would get physically ill when it was time for school, I had a really hard time making friends...and therefore my social skills never developed properly. One problem led into another. My self esteem was shit. It all got worse in high school. Thankfully I got good grades because I missed almost every Wednesday for the 4 years of high school. I couldn't last a whole week being around that many people. Never went to parties, never went to dances, never went on a date, never went to prom. Had very few friends. People thought I was weird ( not in the good weird way I embrace now lol). Geez I couldn't even order my own food...my mom did that for me....although now I realize she should have lovingly made me.

It all started getting better at about 20. It was really hard to change my whole demeanor and increase my social skills. The Internet truly helped me by letting me interact with lots of different people, without stumbling on my words (typing is easier to correct than word vomit lol). Infact i met my husband on the internet...after truly thinking id end up a crazy cat lady living alone because i never could talk to a guy.

I still struggle sometimes with being social....I'm awkward....I still don't like crowds....I have anxiety over bad things happening to my family. I have to practice and give myself a pep talk to go on an interview or talk to new people.

I don't have advice because I think every kid and person is different. I would have responded to activities to increase my self esteem, talking to someone about my mom being sick/leaving my dad and then practice and guidance for real life scenarios that gave me anxiety. Good luck finding the right fit for your daughter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started treatment for anxiety as an adult, but looking back on my childhood I had symptoms back then.
    I did not need prescription meds, an herbal remedy works well for me. The difference is amazing. I had generalized anxiety to the point of delusion at times.

Best wishes, childhood can be a tough time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for your posts...we picked up something from the health food store called Remedy sleep...and also the daytime remedy...is is for calming/anxiety...and you spray 2 sprays on to the tounge...it helps her alot.
    On Baby Step # 6 $18,670
    CrossFit lover