Worn out mommy needs advice... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Take a deep breath, it will be OK. Kids test their limits all the time. I know when my first son was little he did the same thing. I couldn't even go to the bathroom or take a shower without him screaming at the top of his lungs. Since he only does the screaming when you are out of the room and then ignores you when you are in the room I would make sure to interact with him while you are in the same room. Then when you need to do something just go do what needs to be done. He will stop screaming soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

HI- I remember those days- honestly, I MISS them!! My youngest is 8 now and I so miss all of those baby stages. But that is exactly what they are- stages. Just know that it will get better- you'll be onto a new stage with its own set of challenges before long. I do know that while you are in it it is frustrating though. I used to clean after my kids went to bed. It was hard to get much done during the day with babies/toddlers. I agree with telling them where you are going and that you will be back. That way eventually he will learn that you come back. Time out doesn't work so well with 1 year olds. I don't know that punishing him for screaming is necessarily the best thing anyways as he isn't really screaming to be BAD more just as a reaction to separation anxiety. Can you contain him in a high chair in the kitchen with some finger foods or toys instead while you work in the kitchen? Finger paints, crayons, a puzzle? Magnets on the fridge? Maybe sibling can help. Encourage them to play together while you run out for a few minutes. Or look at a book together or something. I remember telling my husband at one point when our kids were little that he could have either a clean house or happy kids, but that he wasn't getting both :O) good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is awesome! I should have told my hubby that when my kids were little!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12