UPDATE: can i please start today over??????
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy UPDATE: can i please start today over??????

this morning dd didn't want to get out of bed, then didn't want to get dressed, then REFUSED to get on the school bus. she threw a BIG FIT when the bus came. then she took off running up to the house. we have a VERY long driveway. i had to tell the driver to go on. THEN, i had to get mason and morgan out and take her to school. i was SOOOOOOOO PO'D. still, she threw a fit....the teach had to literally take her from me.
    i just about cried.....it was such a bad morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry. We're having a little behavior problem with Zachary adjusting to school over here. The kids here have today and Monday off, so he's really all jumbled up. (so he went for two days and then 4 day weekend)
    Last year, we drove Zachary into school and picked him up for the first couple of months and then he rode the bus the rest of the year. He had an adjustment period for sure last year too. Sometimes, when we dropped him off he wanted us to stay and then when we went to pick him up he didn't want to leave. I told his teacher to please let me know if his behavior remained negative once I left and I would just bring him home. No sense in them tolerating it, ya know? Each time it happened, she said that as soon as I was gone-he was fine.
    I think starting school is a tough adjustment. I'm sure she'll get the swing of it all soon.
    Sounds like a tough morning for sure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry you're having a tough morning Misty. Just about every Mom has been there and can definately relate. Sometimes the early to bed, clothes set out the night before doesn't work and it's one of those mornings. My teens and I still, but rarely, have mornings where we're arguing first thing~not a good way to start the day.

If this keeps up maybe some way of rewarding good behavior might help.
    Hope next week goes OK.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My children never did this and I felt quite sad that maybe they were glad to be rid of me LOL - So I guess you can't win?

But my friends child cried and fought terribly every time she took him to playschool - It was awful as she always cried too. But like Sara said after she was gone he was always fine - sometimes I used to stay with him while she disappeared and the transformation was almost instant!

I'm sure she always cried for longer LOL.

I hope she settles down soon but I do know how traumatic it is - mainly for YOU.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh I remember those days and actually we still have those days occassionally. DD's teachers have always told me that the fit stops the minute I am out of site. Hang in there and thank goodness the weekend is coming.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another Mom whose had those mornings as well. Hang in there kiddo, look to tomorrow. Oneday soon they won't want to be seen with you

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK, IT DIDN'T STOP AFTER SCHOOL. ONCE SHE FOUND OUT DAD SAID NO TV FOR THE WAY SHE ACTED, SHE THREW A HUGE HUGE FIT. SHE WAS UNCONTROLABLE. I HAVE NEVER NEVER SEEN HER ACT LIKE THAT. SHE LITERALLY HAD ME IN TEARS. I JUST FEEL SO HELPLESS.....

Master Dollar Stretcher aka LaciBob lucy979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hang in there Misty. Tomorrow will be better! I know it!

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have any advice... just sending you some hugs!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh Misty, it will get better. She is having so many changes that with some kids it takes awhile to adjust.

Can you ask her if something happened at school she didn't like. Maybe someone made fun of her, said something she didn't like or doesn't understand something that is going on. Maybe she can tell you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can relate. I have had two of the worst days with Zachary with school starting. I was so looking forward to him going, but now...ack! He's been quite bratty and pitching fits. We do counting to 3 before we punish behavior and put him in timeout and he counted himself and said 123456 and yelled NOOOO to me yesterday. He started this brand new thing and I don't know where this came from, but he's making his face red and growling and saying I am MADDDDD!
    A new side to my son since school started and I'm not liking it one bit.
    We had our first food battle last night too. It was horrible. I am generally the type that chooses my battles and never ever does a food battle, BUT he wouldn't even sit at the table! Then he napped for an hour and woke up just as miserable. He finally sat and ate and was all smiles and saying yummy and then back to miserable. By the time he was in bed I was exhausted.
    I have faith he'll adjust to his new schedule and all will be fine again within a week or so.
    You're not alone though and I sure hope things get better soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so sorry Misty and Sara that the little ones are so upset about school ......I hope it is just a passing thing...My grandson starts kindergarten Tuesday, and he is not happy about it either...he has never been away from dd for very long so this is a major adjustment...I feel sorry for dd, shes gonna have a fight on here hands

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds like you have some worn out little ones. All these changes are exhausting for them (and for you). Big to all you who are going through this. It does get better, I promise!