potty training

Thread: potty training

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default potty training

Any advice? My dd who is now 3 won't use her potty chair. I started when she was 2 but she didn't take to it. So I backed off figuring she would come around. We just got her a new musical potty chair but she just uses it to climb on things. If she dirties her pants she just takes them off and puts on new ones. I try letting her run around with no pants but she'll fuss and hold it until I put new pants on or she'll just pee on my floor. Help!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First of all just relax. My dd was 3 when she was potty trained too. There are lots of different techniques that people use but none worked for me. I finally gave up and just waited, eventually she did not want those wet, yucky diaper and we went to panties. Practically overnight she decided she loved her new, very pretty, panties and didn't want to mess in them. Next thing I knew, she's on the potty. My only advise, is to give it a bit more time and to let her pick out some new, pretty panties and see if that helps any. The pull-up things did not help us any at all, just too much like a diaper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Paelthom I have two older boys, 5 & 13 and it did seem like they just did it overnight. They were both about 3. I worked at the time so they were at the babysitters alot. But with dd I've been a SAHM so I'm doing it on my own and just wondered if I was doing something wrong. Oh well, you're right, I'm sure she'll do it soon enough on her own. Thanks again for the advice

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have to say that I think the pull ups cause more problems for us mommies than they solve...... . Hang in there...it does finally get done. You might try to buy her a pair of "pretty big girl panties" and just talk about how someday when she IS a big girl that she can wear panties like mommy's....sometimes that motivates em...but sometimes it doesn't.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ds loved his pull ups and after a short while when he found his Buzz lightyear pull ups, he no longer wanted to pee or poo in those. We had him wear them if we knew there was a high chance he'd fall asleep (like in the car) and not be able to get to the potty in time. All of a sudden he figured out how to "hold it" and we haven't had a problem since. He sleeps with out the pull ups, just underwear. And knock wood, he hasn't had a mistake yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks everyone

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

From my Personal Potty Training Little Girl who is still Potty Training .
    Pull-up were like Diapers to her.
    So Now She just wears Panties with a Plastic Cover.
    She has Fewer Acidents and She will let us know when she needs to go potty.
    Just let her Tell you when she is ready don't Rush it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

She finally did use her potty chair Took her pants off and I wouldn't put a new one on so she had to sit on the chair and go potty. I made quite the big deal out of it, clapping and dancing around and then we went and I let her "flush" it down the toilet which she loved, but then she kept going just the tiniest bit in the potty chair and jumped up and kept trying to empty it herself, making a lovely mess, but at least she's using it now. Tried underwear but she just pees in it so I let her run around with no pants on and she'll use it. So at least we're a little closer to getting the job done

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I let DD go with me and we picked out big girl panties and I explained that those were for big girls who went to the potty in the bathroom. It was a big motivator for her, she did not want to wear a diaper after we had bought panties (long before the pull ups) so she worked hard at making it to the potty. The few accidents that she had were usually when she was on way to the bathroom and she would be tearful about having an accident in her big girl panties.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in the same situation with Cannon,he'll be 3 next month and is still training.DD was trained by 2.With dd we tried the naked method,tried it with ds but he peed on my walls.We've tried pull ups the don't work untill they start realizing the pee pee feeling.I think what is really took was he poopied in his new underwear and had to throw the power rangers in the trash.Everyday gets better.it will with you too.