Is this where I can ask parenting questions? (hope so...here it is:)
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Is this where I can ask parenting questions? (hope so...here it is:)

For any experienced potty-training mamas: How long did it take your ds to toilet train? How long did it take your ds to figure out to poop in the toilet instead of the floor (LOL!)? My 2 1/2 year old has the 'peeing' part down pat, now that he is tall enough to stand up like daddy =) And he knows he doesn't like 'poopy' in his pants- so now he has started just pooping on the floor. Help!!! We have been 'bribing' him w/ suckers "go poop in the big chair and mommy buy you some suckers" and now I give him a small Charm sucker to have while he 'tries' to go poopy in the big chair. He isn't scared to sit there, like I've heard some kids are. He just wants to go where and when he wants. Any thoughts ????????????????????

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not gonna be that big of a help! because I only have 1 child and he is 16 months, so no potty training yet! But I do work w/ kids in the potty training age range.

I've noticed some moms getting their kids a candy bar/small toy/trip to McDonalds and sometimes it seems to work.

In the preschool class I teach, we give stamps to the kids 2 times during the class(on their hands, like winnie the pooh, rugrats,etc.). Once 1/2 way through class, and again at the end. It is an incentive for them to do things like share/clean up/no hitting, etc. And it works!
    And one mom told me she bought stamps and is giving it to her son for potty training and it seems to be working pretty well!

And another idea: make a little chart for the day and everytime he does pee pee or poopie in the potty , he gets a sticker and at the end of the day(or late afternoon) count the stickers together and (no matter how many there are), he gets a lolipop/candy/cookie,etc. You can even have special stickers for poopie, so he knows that the big sticker or the "special" sticker means he did poopie and maybe he can get an extra special treat or a bigger treat.

And there is a video tape out there for this, it's songs about potty training Potty time or something....I saw it at babys r us one time.

Hope I helped.

GOOD LUCK!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, we'll give it a try=)
    He did such a good job this morning. I asked him if he was ready for a sucker and (of course) he said yes, and ran toward the bathroom. He sits contentedly for the 5 or so mins it takes to eat it, so that is good. Well, probably not very sanitary but better than smearing poop on the floor. I think I will 'catch' him eventually. I think I will also try the sticker chart too. Anybody else have ideas?
    Take care!
    Stacey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

http://www.ablebaby.com/ptychrt.htm

Here are some printable potty learning charts

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi and thanks!
    Day 2 still going okay.
    stacey