DD got Glasses

Thread: DD got Glasses

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cool DD got Glasses

As most of you know, Ryan's eye was hurt in the car accident. It has finally healed and she passed her doctor's exam - for that eye. However, while doing the exam he went ahead and did a full eye check and now she needs glasses. It's not the eye that was hurt but the OTHER eye that is now bad. He is such a sweety and we love him as her doctor. He looked at her and said, maybe if mom hits you real hard on that side, your eye will get better. LOL She had to wear glasses for 1 year in the past but only for reading. Then her eyesight improved. Now she needs them all the time and it's her distance sight that is off. So weird.

Of course she picked out very cool ones and I will post a pic as soon as I get a chance. She looks adorable and she knows it but she still hates to wear the glasses. I have to stay on her to keep them on her face!

Uggggg

Anyone else have the kids and glasses drama at their house?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not yet, but when I was in 5th grade, I got glasses and a retainer in the same week. VERY traumatizing. I rebelled in middle school and high school and never wore my glasses. I couldn't see anything, but I never wore them. I college, I wore them on and off, and since graduating from college 11 years ago, I have to wear them every second of the day because my eyes deteriorated so badly, I'm now legally blind in one eye. Can't do contacts because my eyeballs are a weird shape (whatever ) so you tell Ryan that she better wear them when she's supposed to or else she'll turn out like me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That was me Pat! I did get them when I was a little older, but I still hated them! I would walk around blind first before being seen with glasses. So I only used them when I had to look at the chalkboard. When I was in highschool my Mom took a job with my eye doctor and then Finally I was able to get contacts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My son got glasses when he was 3. It was not fun, but I think he was so tickled to be able to see things clearly he didn't mind wearing them. He has always been very responsible about taking care of them, too. I know we could have had a lot harder time with his adjustment, but it went fairly smoothly.
    ~~Jean~~

No lie can live forever -- Martin Luther King Jr

What the people want is very simple - they want an America as good as its promise. -- Barbara Jordan

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For some reason I can't edit my message above.....

Pat, how old is Ryan?
    ~~Jean~~

No lie can live forever -- Martin Luther King Jr

What the people want is very simple - they want an America as good as its promise. -- Barbara Jordan

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dd had glasses and most of the time did not have them on or even know where they were for that matter and then she went to get her drivers permit. Lo and behold she did not pass the eye exam without her glasses so her liscense carries a needs glasses to drive stipulation. Problem solved Now she wears them all the time so that she never misses a chance to be behind the wheel

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ryan will be 12 on July 31. The issue of contacts has come up but I don't think she is responsible enough yet for them and the eye dr. agrees. Maybe in a year or 2 we can try it. It will take some determination though - the child can't even put in eye drops much less touch her eye (or come close to it).

Her glasses are very cool and trendy but she doesn't like the way they feel on her face. I told her that it will take time to get used to. You know kids - no patience at all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had them at 12 and walked around blind have the time. They were ugly. Both my kids wear glasses but usually wear contacts. Nicole will wear her contacts but take them out & wear glasses to drive home late at night.
    Hope she gets used to them quickly, bet she looks great in them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Andrea just needs glasses for reading but she is fine with them and actually wishes she could wear them all the time. She has about ten pair of funky sunglasses that she wears whenever she gets the chance! She thinks glasses are just another "fashion accessory".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DD needs them, too. Same as Jerrie's, mine HAS to wear them for driving.....and she'll gladly do that! Of course, they're always in the car.....and NOT at school!

I was the same way. I get them in 8th grade & I never wore them. Only when forced to. Now I have to wear them all the time & I don't like to be without them. I'm wanting lasic.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bet she looks great in them.

My DS#2 wears them too. He actually thinks he looks good in them........well he does. He got them a 2 years ago. We noticed he was having trouble and took him in and sure enough. He also has some stylish ones. We even paid extra for the tint on them so they turn into sunglasses when he walks outside. He thinks he is special because he is the only one at school who can get away with wearing sunglasses.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oldest dd and ds both had to wear glasses. Gripey is nearsighted and so are both of them. Dd has had lasik done on her eyes b/c she got a great deal through the company that she works at (it's a huge employer in the area and the premier eye dr.s offered the co. a discount voucher program). She no longer wears glasses except when she's working on the computer....which is what she does a lot at work. Ds is blind, blind without his. He wears contacts most of the time, as does ddil. I'm sure their kids will be blind as well.