Frugal Village Forums banner

went to the butterfly exhibit

1K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  crdurham 
#1 ·
with the kids. They had a wonderful time. It was nice because this is the first year that they both weren't terrified of butterflies.

Zachary told me last night that he knows they have mouths. lol He wanted to know if they had teeth too.

Alexandra said no way she didn't want to touch any bugs. lol

Once they got there and had butterflies on their fingers and arms, they were ok.

#2 ·
I wish I had more pics, but my camera battery died. ugh The inside is pretty. There's a little pond with goldfish and an orchid room.

The walkway to get to where the butterflies are is pretty too. Unfortunately, the fountain broke and it's a bit early in the season for the pretty flowers. It is a nice walk though.

#3 ·
Aww those pictures are wonderful!Thanks for bringing some more sunshine into my day.:)

#7 ·
wow, that looks like something I'd enjoy too! I have never been to such an exhibit. These are great memories for your family!

#9 ·
They sure are a couple of cuties. :) I wonder how Zach found out about butterfly mouths. Curiosity is such a great quality in children.

Sara, my son Shane was obsessed with maps too - still is. From the age of about 4 and until he left home, he went through about 2 atlases a year. Whenever anyone was stuck on what to buy him for a birthday present, they always got him an atlas or a wall map and you could guarantee he would read it EVERY night until it fell apart. Even now he constantly read those Lonely Planet books and he'll never pass a map in the street without reading it, just like Ally and Zach were doing. I think it's weirdly wonderful.

#10 ·
Rhonda, he asked for a globe the other day. I'm planning on surprising him with one, but it's such a funny thing with these two and maps. lol

I'm sure it's because we like to do treasure hunts and most of the fun activities we share have some sort of map involved too.

He asks questions like...Can you point where North is?

It's so cute.

#12 ·
Those are adorable pics Sara, thanks for sharing them. Maybe oneday, when I'm older we can get together and Z and A. can teach me how to read a map....I swear I'm logistacally challenged:toothy:

About 3-4 yrs. ago my dds and I and a friend and her dd went to a Butterfly Emporium in Colorado. It was a really fun thing to do. If you live anywhere near one, I'd certainly recommend going, no matter your age. ;)

#13 ·
Those pictures are wonderful! So did Zachary figure out if they had teeth? :D

#15 ·
forestdale said:
Sara, my son Shane was obsessed with maps too - still is. From the age of about 4 and until he left home, he went through about 2 atlases a year. Whenever anyone was stuck on what to buy him for a birthday present, they always got him an atlas or a wall map and you could guarantee he would read it EVERY night until it fell apart. Even now he constantly read those Lonely Planet books and he'll never pass a map in the street without reading it, just like Ally and Zach were doing. I think it's weirdly wonderful.
Justin is exactly the same. And he is forever drawing maps of towns and cities. Its amazing. I'm with you Rhonda in that I think its wonderful.

Sara its great the kids love maps. They can be used for so much information and you can ask the kids so many questions in regards to maps. They are great learning tools.

You might even be able to pick up a globe at the thrift stores or at a yard sale. The only problem we had when we did that was the globe was outdated and Justin was mortified that it wasn't right. He just couldn't understand why they hadn't changed the USSR yet. We finally had to get him a brand new one.

#17 ·
OMG- i thought my Noah was the only one obsessed with maps. He LOVES to look at them, trace his finger on them, draw them, etc....
We just bought a wooden map and it has pictures of things the states are famous for, ex. statue of liberty for NY, etc...
so the other night, he had a matchbox car, and he drove to Idaho for potatoes, Iowa for cheese, then all the way to California to watch a movie, etc...you gotta get one of those!

#18 ·
OH and of course your children are beautiful and it looks like you guys had lots of fun. I went to a butterfly exhibit when Noah was 2 and he went through it with his arms flailing and screaming! we had to hurry out of there. I was terrified he'd squish one with his foot accidently. Still don't know if he'd be scared. LOL

#19 ·
You have BEAUTIFUL children!:D That looks like a nice trip!;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.