Another update on my job (long)
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Another update on my job (long)

I have been posting lately about my job (I work nights) and all of the problems that have gone along with it. Because I have to take care of DS during the day, after I have worked all night and then work again that night-well as you can imagine it has been killing me. I was having to put DS into daycare just so I could sleep. So I have an interview with a daycare on Monday. It is in walking distance to the house and it would be good because maybe? DS could stay for free. I don't know. I do know that I won't be making a lot. And we have to have a certain amount that I am making to cover our debts. So I have been at a crossroad. But I have to do something about my schedule becuase it is causing sucha problem at home. DH says that if I keep this schedule up, we won't be together a year from now. So I am scared. Which is why I decided to bite the bullet and try to go to interviews.
    So some possible good news is is that my current job may let me work some days. 2 different people have offered to switch their shifts with me and I would only have to work 1 night a week. Plus my dad said he could watch DS some and I would only have to put DS into daycare 1 day a week. Then I can be home at night w/my family and still be able to make the same money so we would be okay, scraping by but making it. Plus I would be able to keep my vacation time and retirement and benefits, which I would have to possibly give up if I got another job. The problem is is that my boss has to approve this because there will be some openings in the schedule that he would have to fill. I emailed him this morning about this and have yet to hear from him. So I am getting scared. I am going to email him again tomorrow. Please pray for this to work. I know that I should be grateful that I have a job (which I am) but the toll it is taking on my family is bad. I am praying this will work because I want my family to be happy. Thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I totally understand. I worked at night for 6.5 years and only slept 2 to 4 hours a night during the week. It is soooo hard. The only reason I could keep doing it for so long was because I am ADHD. The hyperness part helped out considerably. Well, that and massive amounts of caffiene.
    Beak-1996, Toad-1998, and Q-1998
    House payments left: 1 2 3

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, I consume tons of caffeine. I have recently been introduced to the all glorious Rockstar Energy Drinks. Now I find myself picking one up from work almost every morning. Both unhealthy and non-frugal. And speaking of health, I just feel terrible. I have been getting sick a lot, having headaches, my hair is thinning. Just lots of feeling yucky lately. And I have always been very healthy (knock on wood). I keep telling DH that I will probably die an early death from working nights. And studies have shown that the incidence of cancer and other diseases is much higher in those who work nights.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh kettlecorn I hope you here from your boss tommorrow.
    (((hug`s)))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good luck!!!

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I said a prayer for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just hang in there. I do hope you get schedule you want but please tell your husband that you are doing the best you can. He needs to be supportive during this time and not tell you that you all will not be together in another year. That is more stree as far as I am concerned. God bless you for helping in the household.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Big hugs to you! You are living what my life was a couple of years ago. Virtually no sleep, and you are a zombie during the day! Now, 2 years later, given the opportunity to sleep, I never take it for granted! That drives my dh crazy! "YOU ARE GETTING 9 HOURS OF SLEEP! THAT'S CRAZY!"

Hang in there, keep looking for something else, and always remember that it's not permanent. That's what got me to the next day...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I worked nights and went to school days for a couple years. I was going nuts. I was soooooooooooo tired and I did not have a husband or kids. You have to somehow...some way get off that dreaded shift. I also experienced migraine headaches and several illnesses due to the shift ...not getting enough sleep etc.
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!