So close to losing it all - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You really should go to court and have his wages garnished. My DS #1' s father decided to stop paying support at one time, well for almost 2 yrs. The court went after him big time. Long story short, he ended up having to pay $3000 all at once or go to jail. He paid it and continued to pay it after that too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on the job!!!
    Kace - married to Dh for 14 years

Always pinchin' pennies!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations on the job you definitely need to get his wages garnished, we have a really good system in aus for single parents , if you are a single parent and not working ie looking after children you get around $60 week rent assistance, and around 600 - 700 fortnight in benefits and you get a health care card which means reduced elec etc and you get free health care ( as we all do here), you also get lump sums at tax time last yr it was 600 per child this yr it will be about 640 per child and an extra 350 if you are a sahm
    CC 1 paid in full - 15/06/08
    CC 2 paid in full - 17/06/08
    mortage
    no debt but mortgage
    EF fully funded 7 months of wages!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations I new you could it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm still on the edge. My gas is suppose to be shut off tomorrow, it's in my mom's name so I can't get any help with that.

I wrote another letter to the friend of the court asking to get wages garnished for child support, he makes the money but refuses to pay it and my ex husband hasn't paid in 2 years and owes over 10,000.

I'm making money but still don't know if i'll get paid before things have to be paid. I still can't make up for the money I was making with my old job.

I couldn't pay for plates and insurance on my car. Ugh I hope to pay that before school starts. I'm still going on trying to make money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on your jobs, and good luck with the child support. I hope you're able to get the money that you need

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mmy2grls View Post
    I'm still on the edge. My gas is suppose to be shut off tomorrow, it's in my mom's name so I can't get any help with that.

I wrote another letter to the friend of the court asking to get wages garnished for child support, he makes the money but refuses to pay it and my ex husband hasn't paid in 2 years and owes over 10,000.

I'm making money but still don't know if i'll get paid before things have to be paid. I still can't make up for the money I was making with my old job.

I couldn't pay for plates and insurance on my car. Ugh I hope to pay that before school starts. I'm still going on trying to make money.

If I may suggest... call the friend of the court and speak to someone in charge. Explain the dire circumstances you are in and tell them to rush this through.
    I saved 100% by buying nothing. Best sale of the year.

Telling the truth means you never have to remember which lie you told.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I called last week and the lady was out for the week. That's why I wrote a letter and they should have had it last Friday. I'm getting ready to complain to higher ups because my friend of the court office is to relaxed and it's hard for them to do anything for me.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good. I would call today and ask if it was received. I know how hard it is to do this stuff and I feel badly for you but you have to be strong and (nicely) demanding with them.

Also, don't be nice to the ex, he's a slug. He has had his chance, get his wages garnished even if he comes up with a large sum to keep you quiet.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Also, do you realize you can also garnish his income tax refund? Get the ball rolling!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon View Post
    Also, do you realize you can also garnish his income tax refund? Get the ball rolling!
    In Michigan the custodial parent does not have to do anything concerning the taxes. The state automatically takes any and all tax refunds and forwards them to the custodial parent unless the custodial parent has or is receiving financial benefits from DHS...then the state keeps the money to offset the cash given to the custodial parent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Conggratulations on the jew job. It will be a big help to you and your family.

I agree with everyone else, its sad to say but the squeeky wheel gets the oil. make some noise, eventually some one will listen.

Its disgusting that you ex has more compassion for his girlfriends kids then for his own.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

YEAH! I got 2 letters today from the friend of the court. Both guys have show cause hearings to explain why they haven't paid child support. If they fail to show up they go to jail. The funny thing is their dates and times for court are the same. Maybe they'll beat each other up lol.

I'm making great money with Cha Cha right now and this is working out because my kids do not have to be quiet. I'm just waiting for my debit card to be mailed to me to get some money. I've earned the money I need for bills and plates and insurance on my car. I just need to get my hands on that money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mombottoo View Post
    In Michigan the custodial parent does not have to do anything concerning the taxes. The state automatically takes any and all tax refunds and forwards them to the custodial parent unless the custodial parent has or is receiving financial benefits from DHS...then the state keeps the money to offset the cash given to the custodial parent.
    Michigan did garnish one ex's tax refund and gave it to me because he owed back child support.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mmy2grls View Post
    YEAH! I got 2 letters today from the friend of the court. Both guys have show cause hearings to explain why they haven't paid child support. If they fail to show up they go to jail. .

Good deal. Now it's up to you to keep the pressure on these guys to keep yourself and your children out of financial hot water. You should have those wages garnished IMO, regardless of how much they give you this time.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast