So close to losing it all - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mmy2grls View Post
    another update:

I forgot to send in paystubs for my benefit review and my food benefits got closed

I had an appointment with the DHS for food benefits today, the caseworker noticed I haven't received child support in a long time. I told her they had court dates but they both have stopped paying. She asked me how I was doing on bills and I told her everything is bad right now and thought I couldn't afford plates and insurance and the deadbeat was going to file a complaint against me for not making it half way for visitation, I had to miss one visitation.

She had me fill out paperwork for emergency assistance and bring in copies of my bills and she checked me off for assistance with electric, gas, and rent.

I'm still working my fingers off making money and I guess i'll have to wait a week or so and see what happens. And still no child support. I spent my last $40 I had today for diapers and groceries. A nice thing that happened was that I walked into town with my 2 year old and when we walked out of the store the transit bus was outside and the driver recognized me and asked if I was going home. I told him I didn't have the $1 for fare and he told us to get on anyways because I had my hands full with 2 bags of groceries and my toddler.
    I hope you can get all the benifits lord knows you deserve them. And the bus driver was an angel!!! I am thinking about you and your family and keeping you in my prayers!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

another update:

I forgot to send in paystubs for my benefit review and my food benefits got closed

I had an appointment with the DHS for food benefits today, the caseworker noticed I haven't received child support in a long time. I told her they had court dates but they both have stopped paying. She asked me how I was doing on bills and I told her everything is bad right now and thought I couldn't afford plates and insurance and the deadbeat was going to file a complaint against me for not making it half way for visitation, I had to miss one visitation.

She had me fill out paperwork for emergency assistance and bring in copies of my bills and she checked me off for assistance with electric, gas, and rent.

I'm still working my fingers off making money and I guess i'll have to wait a week or so and see what happens. And still no child support. I spent my last $40 I had today for diapers and groceries. A nice thing that happened was that I walked into town with my 2 year old and when we walked out of the store the transit bus was outside and the driver recognized me and asked if I was going home. I told him I didn't have the $1 for fare and he told us to get on anyways because I had my hands full with 2 bags of groceries and my toddler.
    it does my heart good to know that tax money is going to help people that are really in need such as you. i'm glad you got the assistance for electric gas and rent. hopefully things get easier.

and that was really nice of the bus driver!
    Mom to Duramax
    Wife to ChevyMan

2014 Goals
    Reading challenge
    Declutter challenge
    emergency preparedness
    52 week money challenge
    Homesteading challenge

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have to wait to see if I actually do get help with bills. I did get a child support payment today of $160! Doesn't pay in 3 months and then he doesn't even pay a full half payment. I hope he gets nailed at court next week. The money will help a lot though.

I'm so much closer to getting caught up though

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you get what's owed to you! You don't deserve all these problems. Hang in there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

glad to hear you got some money! GL with getting the rest, I hope for the best for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My heart goes out to you and your family. Just wanted to say it sounds like you are doing a terrific job keeping your head up and just getting through right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have to wait to see if I actually do get help with bills. I did get a child support payment today of $160! Doesn't pay in 3 months and then he doesn't even pay a full half payment. I hope he gets nailed at court next week. The money will help a lot though.

I'm so much closer to getting caught up though
    Wow, what an awesome bus driver you have, good for you!

I'm so happy you're to hear you rec'd some child support and also receiving other assistance as well......it sounds like you have lots of angels looking out for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really admire your attitude and spirit! Your post brings back a lot of painful memories for me of the years I was raising my daughters by myself. You can get through this. Appreciate how strong you are! And I hope you can continue your education. That was the key that got me and my daughters out of the prison of poverty. It was really hard at the time, but it was absolutely worth all the struggle.
    Slow progress is better than no progress!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry you are going thru this. I too don't get child support. I did lose it all. We are homeless, living in different friends homes. Family would not even offer a sofa. So sad. Thank goodness for my friends. You would think that because I was not paying for a home I would have all this money. Not a dime. I have to pay for 4 storages, because the big rooms are all used, and they hicked up the rental amounts. I finally found a place, and with one check I will use it for the deposit and the other for the 1st month rent. So for a whole month I won't have any money for food or gas. Not to mention that I need to rent a u-haul to move my stuff out. I hope I can sell some of my stuff to be able to make it thru the month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry you are going through that. Have you called around to see if any place will help with the deposit or anything? Might be hard to have a yard sale but do you have things in storage you don't need that you can sell, maybe get rid of a unit and bring in some money.

I did get another partial payment today. So for the last 3 months I have gotten a total of $264 which is less than one payment. He paid enough to bring his balance down to $990. If they cancel his court date i'm going to raise hell because he did this same thing last time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have not been on in awhile - but I just wanted to send you loads of positive thoughts and vibes. I would def not let these dirt bags slide ever again! Perhaps you should request a new friend of the court - it's no sense that you should have to do everything. Hang in there - and stay strong!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a question. The guys have court dates next Friday. The papers doesn't say I have to appear but should I go to see what happens?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it would be good for you to be there not only to see what happens, but in case there IS any extra input you can give to the process.
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think you should go also. For the same reason that Gabe said...

And, it would show "interest". And, if you show up and they don't, it would look really good for your side of things.
    Beak-1996, Toad-1998, and Q-1998
    House payments left: 1 2

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll go then. I wouldn't mind hearing the excuse they give as why they haven't paid.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast