So close to losing it all - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would call the court office and ask what it means. I would also let them know the effect this will have one your kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

He probably didnt bring proof of employment. so they are monitering his checks? thats my thought, but I would call courts. good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The show cause hearing was postponed because he did make 1 payment. UGH! 1 payment every 3 months is unacceptable. I called and if he doesn't make another payment by October first he will then have to go to court with no way of getting out of it.

I have to meet him halfway this weekend for his visitation. My mom is able to take us and it only cost her $30 in gas to drive both ways. My mom has arranged to get time off to take us to the visits until I can afford plates and insurance on my car so I will be compliant, I just have to pay her gas.

It will be 10 days this Friday since I turned in the emergency paperwork for my bills so I should hear back from the DHS. I called the electric company and they did say that if I can not get my bill paid they will work with me so at least that will not be turned off.

The gas company turned my gas back on today. I still have a bill with them. The gas guy told me to call to make some arrangement for paying.

Things are slowly working out. I just wish the DHS wouldn't be slow regarding my food benefit application and for bill help.

I have about 10 days to come up with rent money (400), I need to pay for garbage service (25), my oldest needs new shoes for school ( I think I really need to get that this weekend) plus grocery money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

if u called the state and told them u have no car plates or money for transportation,would u be able to not meet him for visitation..i under stand the kid needs to see dad(divorced parents my self,dad paid faithfully) but enough is enough..

i also understand visitation is seprate from support but i hate to see u spending what little money u have accomidate(sp) this bum.
    car loan 12/2006 14,687.93

student load : in forbearance

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Child support and visitation is seperate. It hurts more when he doesn't pay cs and I still have to come up with gas money.

I need to find a way to make the visits now because in the winter time the roads can get really bad. Weather is no excuse not to make it but if the roads are really bad I will not risk my children being out on the roads with everyone else.

I did let the friend of the court know that it was a hardship on me to make it to the visitations when there is no child support since I have rent, bills, and take care of my childrens needs.
    Last edited by mmy2grls; 09-10-2008 at 07:16 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got help for my electric bill, yay and the food benfit has been approved of 427 a month....whoa that is more than plenty.

I should be on track now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh that is awesome! I'm so glad to hear it!

Keep us posted on the deadbeats!!!
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am very glad that your help came thru for you.....at least that is a little off of your shoulders.

Hang here there......little by little things will improve.

Have a good day,
    leezza

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mmy2grls,

when I received public assist in NY I wouldn't even see the CS because it went towards my "benefits". ( I received food stamps and rent assit). I never applied for gas and elec assit but I should have. I don't know if that is how it is in Michigan but I would look into it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

that is so great! what an awesome amount for food! that is huge!! i'm so glad things are looking up!
    Mom to Duramax
    Wife to ChevyMan

2014 Goals
    Reading challenge
    Declutter challenge
    emergency preparedness
    52 week money challenge
    Homesteading challenge

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's about time something went your way and you don't have to worry about grocery and electric money for a while. Use that $427 to get yourself a good, nutritious stockpile going.

Good luck when the court dates finally get here. I am so sick to death of hearing about deadbeat dads and states not doing enough to get the money out of them. I hope it works out for you eventually. Do keep us posted.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm glad things are looking up. I know the $427 is a big relief for you.

--Michelle
    ~ Michelle

Wife to DH--
    Mom to DS--
    and DD--

Avatar picture of cactus flower in bloom taken southeast side of San Antonio-May, 2013
    Mortgage -- $37,846.99

----------------------
    "The time to save is now. When a dog gets a bone, he doesn't go out and make a down payment on a bigger bone. He buries the one he's got." --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs hun Hang in there slowly it will come together

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh no. The gas was turned off last night even though I have a paper saying the DHS was making a payment for me. After a few phone calls the gas place admitted a mistake but they can not get out here until Monday to turn it back on. I have my moms spare car right now so we'll have to drive to her house this weekends for baths.

Ugh I had to heat water on the stove to do dishes, took me over a hour to do dishes.

I believe I will be caught up with everything by the end of the month so I can be on track and hopefully get plates and insurance on my car next month.

My mom is letting me use her extra car as long as I put gas in it right now. Me and the kids were walking to town and after we almost got hit one day, their ended up being a drug bust for a meth lab by a house we had to walk by. It's a shame that you really can not be safe walking 2 miles into town anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My ex husband didn't show up for the court date and he was arrested and brought up to the court up here. They let him go and he is suppose to make a 200 payment by October first to avoid anymore arrests. I can't believe he did not have to make bond. I did get another 175 payment today from the ex boyfriend for child support.

The court system is really screwy here.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast