Frugal Village Forums banner

Once again DH has no Job... GRRR

Tags
grrr job
6K views 33 replies 31 participants last post by  nodmicks 
#1 ·
DH got laid off his Job he just got in Nov. but this time we are loosing every thing . I am doing every thing I can to keep a car but we will have to move back to Louisiana and let the house go. It will be the only way we can survive. I do get a Check about 1000 a month and food stamps . also I still have a old 12 by 14 trailer in Louisiana that is mine so if we have to move the only bill we will have is lights. It is on my moms land and she has a well so we will have no water bill. DH dose not want to move back but, I see no way out , but to move back we can not afford to stay. I am trying not to say look we have to move and that is it . He says he will get a new job but there are no jobs around here. I think he knows this he just dose not want to say I am right. We got a letter today saying if we dont pay on the furniture by Fed 10 they would come get it . well they just have to come get it.
to tell you the truth I am kinda happy about this . I have been wanting to just start over. we have way to Meany bills. I would love to let the cars go at least one car but if they take one car they will take the other. And we have to have at least one car in Louisiana. I am thinking we will be moving around March.
If I have learned any thing it is to pay cash for every thing and to keep what you have and make it better. Like build on my trailer in stead of buying a new one and paying notes on it.
When we move back to Louisiana we will be on 600. a month but that is better than nothing.

See less See more
#2 ·
As bad as the news sounds, you do have options as you mentioned. What line of work is your dh in? Why if they take one car they will take them both?

#5 ·
this is what is happening to us. we will end up living in our trailer as well... i'm stressed out but i just keeping looking at it like a level of frugality. we are healthy and will survive.. it will be hard, but at least you and i have an option. i wish you the best of luck.

#7 ·
oct2667us,

Wow, I'm really sorry this is happening to you and your family. But I'm so glad to hear that 1. you have a place to go with only a light bill and 2. that you will have an income of $600 when you get there. It's going to be hard to pick up and move, but you have a great attitude about your situation by looking at it as a fresh start.

#9 ·
Sending good luck and wishes on your new venture. Seeing that you own it and will have very few bills, it is probably the best thing. I understand how you feel about starting over and you are right in the fact to pay cash for everything!

#11 ·
I'm sorry your DH lost his job but I am glad that at least you still have someplace you can live, even if you have to move back to Louisiana. I hope everything works out okay.

#14 ·
I think you are smart! Getting back to where you have a trailer that you own on land that is paid for will really help you. You can do this, don't let things stand in your way......move and start over, you already have it worked out and know that it is the best thing for you.
If you move soon you will still have the car and be able to do it, don't wait until you have no way to move back home!

#15 ·
is he at least trying to find a job? or is he kicking back and giving in? some guys think that being 'laid off' is a vacation for them since it wasn't 'their fault'.... it can be hard to get them to go out there and look for work, they pitty themselves and wait for something to come to them...or they pull the 'i have a job' line....'im just laid off right now'.....
men! argh

#17 ·
Well we are Moving Monday. DH is going to see today if we can let the Jeep go. I am not sure what to take and what to leave. We will just have a 5 by 8 uhall and the back of the truck. I am not sure to take my Christmas tree or get a new one when we get there. or to take the santa and deer?? I have to leave my frezzer . which I am not happy about but Dh said it is on its last leg and would not make it. Hugs to all

#18 ·
Well we made it to Louisiana and have been here for almost 4 weeks now. I am still trying to get every thing UN packed and In a place. We have much smaller trailer now but at least we only have a light bill and the phone and cable are together. we Let the other car go and now we just have his truck. things are getting better now..

#21 ·
Glad to hear you & yours made it safe & sound. Best of luck!

#23 ·
Glad to hear you made it! Don't forget to change your location on your avitar.

Can't wait to hear about ow the move went and everything!

#24 ·
So glad things are looking up for you! At least you got to move to LA in the wintertime so you can get used to the hot weather again!

#25 ·
Hopefully starting over will bring only good things. Hope your DH can find a job soon.

#26 ·
Glad to hear you made the move and things are looking better. Its hard to just pick up and leave but it sure sounds like you did the right thing and things are looking up for you.

Glad the move went smooth and things are going well for you. I have my fingers crossed that your DH will soon find a job!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.