Frugal Village Forums banner

I guess it's my turn.....

Tags
guess turn
3K views 29 replies 27 participants last post by  ConnieD 
#1 ·
:shake:

We just found out that my company is closing it's doors and consolidating with the bigger part of our company. We will be closed by September this year. For the past several months, they have been downsizing the workforce from 400 to 150 people. Now this.....guess I'll be looking for a job! We have another meeting tomorrow to ask questions, so I'm not sure if we'll be offered jobs in other cities. This really bites!

#2 ·
It feels like the big house of cards we have built is just crashing doesn't it? I am so so sorry I hope you are given some kind of positive option at your meeting! Good luck.

Reactions: beks37
#3 ·
That just sucks! If you want to stay with the company hopfully they will offer you a transfer. If you don't, I hope you do something thats better. Go find the job of your dreams.
Keep your chin up. I'm glad they at least gave you some notice.

#4 ·
That is such a bummer! I'm sorry to hear that.I feel so bad for everyone who's losing their jobs. Sending you hugs, also. :hugz:

#8 ·
I'm sorry about your bad news.

#10 ·
Oh, I am soo sorry Becky!!! I hope you find something else soon that you really enjoy.

#14 ·
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you get good information tomorrow. It is nice that the company gave you a long notice. I was laid off 1 1/2 years ago due to consolidation. The company gave us quite a bit of notice and offered us several different courses to help us look for employment and information on jobs that were hiring. We could also transfer as well. Take advantage of everything they offer that can help you. Good luck.

#16 ·
ooooh I'm so sorry! This happened to dh also, but he did find another job. I'm just holding my breath with this one. Maybe you'll get a descent severance package until you can find something else.

#19 ·
This all just really stinks! My thoughts and prayers are with you Becky. Hopefully the company will give you some good options today.

:hugz:
Debbie

#21 ·
Thanks for all the support! We had our meeting today. They handed out information about the standarad severance package we will receive. Based on my career level and time with the company, I'll be eligible for 5 weeks of severance pay. They said that people will start being let go based on their work and clients beginning in April. I have a pretty high profile client, so I would assume I'd be one of the last to go. The doors will shut in September for good....no real specific information was given out at the meeting. But, we will have one on one's with our managers today or tomorrow to discuss specifics.

#27 · (Edited)
I found out that my last day is July 10th. Others in my department have last days of April 10th, Sept 10th and November 10th. So I am in the 2nd batch to go. The day could be sooner or later depending on when my client will be transitioned. Also, there is a sizeable retention bonus offered for staying until my termination date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.