Frugal Village Forums banner

Well got major problems !

4K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  Michelle68 
#1 ·
Well we had a major set back in our savings... and getting ahead and now I don't even know if we can pay every thing we need to. I know my checking account is out of money I don't even have enough to buy a tank of gas if i needed it!!! But the business account has money just he says he needs to know what 2 checks are because he didn't write them down, before he can pay bills... well they needed to be paid last week but arghh last week was another story and we just barely survived it! Things are going to be late thats for sure and I hate that. I checked online to see if the checks were in the bank yet but nothing yet. So maybe tomorrow .....I know one check is under 60.. i am thinking it was wrote for 58 dollars but he won't take that as fact .. don't blame him. Well we had some unexpected expenses that have put us in a tail spin .. one was for 1,270 dollars that had to be paid now... and had to use the da@#$@# credit card that i had just paid off to get this taken care of... and then another 2 grand for something related to this .. (its a nightmare of a story that I just don't know if i can get into but its torn my family apart and we are trying to piece things back together) There will be more expense from this too that I haven't figured in I am sure.. but i just want to get our bills that need paid paid at this point.... Oh and another 40 dollars that i paid to the doctor friday because of all this too .. and i will have to pay more this week but i don't get paid till friday and it will be under 400 dollars that i get... hubby isn't getting much the last two weeks because there has been nothing to haul... he has even been calling people seeing if they need help. I did talk to my boss and got my day back that i had lost ... because there is a lady that isn't doing her job at work and my boss was glad to take it away from her... i hated that .. .. but the boss says its just a matter of time before she is fired unless she shapes up! And I think the boss likes me because i do all the little things she likes.. (yes kissing butt cause don't wanna lose my job)... I always have the store ready for the next shift so if they are busy they still have things stocked and ready. (thats how its suppose to be) anyway... I mean i have been couponing my brains out ... trying to pay things off .. thank god we have 730 dollars in savings ... i can pull some of that out tomorrow and start to pay bills ... but it won't cover the business expenses and that is what hubby wants to pay first.. but i told him .. we need to pay the phone bill and the electric first then the others.. he was hell no we need to pay business so he can continue to work first. sigh ... i am just dieing between the drama that happened last weekend and now the money shortage!... i am goign to have to talk to my parents about borrowing some i think and i hate to do that cause my dad is home from work now after surgery and i don't know what income he has. I know my parents will if i ask .. i just would rather not ask them... if you know what I mean. I told my husband we are just gonna have to eat what we have here at home and just buy what we need to make due. This is gonna be rough but I keep telling him we WILL make it through .. he is really having a hard time with this ... believe me I AM having a hard time with all this too .. !!!! I don't know if I am just venting or if I am asking for help .. I am just at a loss... and feel like i am swimming against the current and loseing ground... I wish I could explain the problem that caused all this .. but its sooo horrible... sigh ... we may have more expense from this in the near future and I don't know what to do about ... thank god I finally got smart and got a lawyer involved... hence knowing i am going to have more expense.. damn i picked the wrong job to get into ... I need to be a lawyer and get 175 dollars an hour ... !!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Your in my thoughts and prayers that things soon get easier! I know you are really having a tuff time, and trying to stretch money you DON'T have is something I am becoming a pro at! Its so hard when you try everything and just can't seem to come up with the money to even meet bills with. I hope things soon turn around for you and get a little easier. Other than telling you to hang on, I don't have an ideas to help out with. Just keep doing what your doing and hang on things will turn around!
:hug2:

#3 ·
I have been there sooo many times. It seems like sometimes it is one step forward and two steps back. But keep chugging along and you will get there. It is surprising at how we can "make do" with what we already have in the pantry. I read a post here once about when your back is against the wall(the things you can do ). I'll try to find it, I am kind of new here and am not sure how to navigate.
I am thinking of you and your family and praying for you.

Reactions: Wendy Mack
#11 ·
Well I wish ... but with my husband owning his own business we have to do it through the tax lawyer... and we won't be getting them done for awhile and we are not guaranteed to not have to pay out.. sigh .. I honestly am frantic cause its not something I have control over.. and that scares me! I have to depend on someone else to solve it and it might not come out in our favor... ok well before I get myself shaking again ...

#5 ·
The thread I was referring to is "ways to get even with the grocery budget" by Canadian Gardener. Part of it is her back to the wall plan. It is one of my favorites. I don't know how to put the link here but you could go to the search tool.

#7 ·
I am so sorry to hear the problems you are having. I hope all gets better soon. Sending positive thoughts your way. :)

#12 ·
I will call tomorrow about them letting me just pay them some money now and then more at the end of the month .. sigh I hope this works...

#13 ·
And I want to thank everyone for all their positive thoughts... We can use all you can send out way... and thank you for all the suggestions.... I am sure we will be alright its just hard to see the trees for the forest at the moment.

#14 ·
:hug2: Hoping things work out for you!

#16 ·
Wendy I was just wondering a few days ago how you were travelling... I'm so sorry to read this post.

you are a strong resourcefull woman and you will get through this.

take any help you can get - even if it is from your parents.

Hugs to you

#17 ·
Hun, I wish a had some accident wisdom to spew right now but I don't. the truth is my bone are getting tired and all I got for you is a big hug and well wishes.

I didn't' talk about this while it was happening but we just threw to the other side of some very bad financial times. We made it, and I have faith that you will too.

#18 ·
Wendy, I know what you are talking about. Keeping looking ahead to the other side where the problems are behind you and you can look in the mirror and know you got through it all the while coming a stronger person.

#20 ·
Wendy - hang in there! I know you're going through a tough time right now, but you and dh have been working very hard and make a good team. Remember what's most important and let the little frustrations pass you by and when this ends (and it will end), you will be the stronger and wiser for it.

We are all rooting for you.
G

#22 ·
Thank you so much guys for all the encouragement... today has been an overwhelming day and I have been in tears more than once.. but I am trying to keep it together for my daughter and for the rest of the family ... my poor mother has been my listening post and I hate that I am leaning on her sooo much but she wouldn't want it any other way and wants me to come and visit her this weekend.. just to vent .. cry and have soup lol ... gotta love mom!!!! I just wish I could see the light at the end of this tunnel ... its just sooo dang dark and windy!!! But like you guys have said just take one day at a time .. one thing at a time ... and it will all work out... I keep praying... and I welcome any good thoughts.. prayers... or vibes anyone wants to send our way! I just have to keep chanting to myself.. it will be ok .. it will be ok .. it will be ok ... ughh I just feel like i am broken in pieces and i don't know if i have enough glue to put myself back together ... and I am sure the rest of the family feels the same way. We have all tried joking about it ... keeping it inside.. and then snarling at each other(which we have desided we will never do again cause i will hurt people lol) united we stand I keep telling them! ughh ok well got to get the home made pizza going ... using up my stock pile of food ... and only buying what we HAVE to have .. hoping that helps ... Wendy

#23 ·
I just wanted to let you know that we are hanging in there...money isn't near enough to pay everything .. sooo paying things late at the moment.. ughhh .. but talked to the electric and they are ok with half a payment... then in two weeks pay the other half sooo still paid before this months bill is due! I paid the phone/dsl bill with my paycheck friday so we have a phone and a way to get internet.. then the electric so everything stays on ... my kids are complaining cause i haven't gone to get groceries.. ummm ok ... deal with no chips and cookies.. i have stuff to make from scratch soo they will have to deal ... i have only bought what we need for food .. and cooking only from home no casey's pizzas or the local resturaunt.. sorry just not in the budget.. they are complaining but i just keep reminding them this is just till we get caught up! Its just depressing to get paid.. pay only a couple of bills and then i am down to 60 dollars so keeping that for food or gas if we need it!!! Hubby gets paid on monday not sure how much that will be as he has his own business. and its what ever he gets hauled on his semi. I am hoping its at least 2 thousand .. then we can get this business bills paid... keep us in your thoughts... Wendy

#26 ·
Good luck with your husband's pay, Wendy, and hang in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.