Frugal Village Forums banner

more jobs lost..

Tags
jobs lost
1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Michelle68 
#1 ·
We had to lay off our salesmen. We tried to hang on as long as we could, but with people not buying anything, the income is just not coming in.

I feel horrible, I know they aren't going to find work around here for awhile. I'm praying this ecomony picks up quick.

#4 ·
Sorry to hear this news. This economy has got to start turning around pretty soon or a lot of people are going to lose everything they have (material wise). I know it's hard on small business owners and mid-size companies to lay off their workers. My son's company's owner just told everyone yesterday they were going to be closing down in 4-6 weeks.

It's a textile mill in NC and so much of the clothing and cloth is made out of the USA now that they just can't compete...it's heartwrenching.

Reactions: pinetree
#5 ·
Don't feel bad pinetree...I am sure you did all that you could. It is not only difficult for the workers but for the business owners like you who care about their employees.

#9 ·
That had to be very tough to do, and I'm sorry you went through that. My guess is though that they probably had a pretty good idea of it coming, and I'm sure they know you did everything in your power to not have it come down to their lay-offs.

Along with so many of us facing hard times, let's hope something good will come their way soon!

Theresa :)

#10 ·
I know that must've been very hard for you to do. Hopefully, the economy will start turning around soon. :hugz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.