Frugal Village Forums banner

Plant shut downs :(

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mommy4ever 
#1 ·
Dh just called, there are some plant shut downs coming up. He'll have 4 days off in March. :box:

They are claiming this is to stop production so that they input a new computer system. These are unpaid days. Not fun.

They *say* that the outlook is positive. They did 10% staff cut, of the 13 layoffs, 5 had already given notice or indication they were leaving. So not truly layoffs, but people quitting. So they used those in the 10% rather than other people.

I'm not liking this. So we'll be short money in march. Will need to see what I can do to make up for that shortfall. I guess we'll use those days to go to the bank and refinance. Rather than him taking a day off. Going with 3 toddlers should be lots of fun..lol

#2 ·
Oh, I am so sorry mommy4ever! A true test of your frugal abilities will be needed next month. Best wishes and good luck! :hugz:

#3 ·
Hang in there, at least he has a job. (Although miising those four days will put a strain on the finances.) Good luck with the refinance. Sending ((hugs)) your way.

#6 ·
Are the 4 days going to be all in the same work week? If they are and they are unpaid your dh should be able to file for unemployment for those days...

Good luck with the refi.

#7 ·
nope, don't qualify for EI, this is Canada..lol. Different rules. they are a series of Monday Friday giving the guys 2- 4day weekends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.