Frugal Village Forums banner

job cuts

Tags
cuts job
2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  rainbowgc 
#1 ·
It looks like my job may be cut after this school year. Our county school system is looking to trim 138 positions next year. Just when I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. (sigh).

#3 ·
I can understand public schools planning their budgets accordingly, but with the money that has been included in the Economic Recovery Act for public education, I find it hard to believe too many districts are going to be able to justify making new cuts.

The intention of the recovery funds is to create new jobs or save the ones already in existence. One of our county's districts is looking at getting 8 million from the recovery funds and hopefully they will use the money for what it is intended.

#5 ·
We are facing the same thing. Our proposed budget meeting is March 5th. Things look bleak. We are expecting to hear 135 teacher positions and 25 support staff positions being cut. I'm waiting to see what happens. If you are going to lose your job you are suppose to find out by the end of March.

#6 ·
Most of the districts around here are facing this. So many districts had to send money back to the state...now county goverments are wanting budgeted money returned. Charlotte-Mecklenburg has rumors of losing up to 1200 positions..which is beyond crazy! My district which is very small compared to others in the area, is just saying that we will have budget cuts but as of right now no job loss. They are getting really strict on spending, no overtime that kind of thing. We are all stressing majorly about it here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.