Frugal Village Forums banner

Beyond frustrated and losing hope

3K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  savvymom 
#1 ·
I know I have told ya'll that dh and I filed for ch 7 earlier this year. we reaffirmed our mortgage in the process but it seems there has been a mix up. We got a letter from an attorney representing our mortgage company talking about our house being scheduled to sell at auction. I cant get a straight answer from the mortgage company other than if we pay this or that it will be fine. I finally had a rep tell me this afternoon that our mortgage had been discharged also in our ch 7! Ummmm, how the heck did that happen? He was even able to find the reaffirmation but could not give me an answer. So tomorrow we will begin the fight to get this straightened out. It wasnt until today that we knew how far it had gotten so hopefully with our attorney behind us they can stop it. Keep us in your prayers!

#2 ·
What a mess! I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Keeping y'all in my thoughts. :hugz:

#6 ·
Keep us up to date as to what is happening please. You sound determined and clear minded to address this challenge - both necessary for success. Good luck and keep focused!!

#7 ·
update...

I am on the phone now...it looks like our second mortgage may have been accidentally put on the fast track to foreclosure! Uhhh how do you accidentally forclose on someones house? When I say quick I mean a matter of less than a week and a date was set for auction! Hopefully I can get this worked out!

#8 ·
~Ugh, how frustrating!
I don't really know how bankruptcies work so I'm not sure if bundling your mortgage in with your other debts is standard practice or not. Seems like it would be but why be so secretive about it? They should have at least notified your lawyer.
I hope you can sort this all out quickly!~

#10 ·
Yikes! My stomach would sink if someone told me my house was being auctioned without me knowing. I'm hoping that you can get this whole thing straightened out soon!

:hug2:

#14 ·
Good Luck, and don't forget.. This is NOT your mistake. They absolutely cannot sell your house without your signature on something that says it was included in the bankruptcy, and your re-affirmation paperwork says just the opposite. Stay strong.. and start YELLING!

#15 ·
OMG I am sorry you are dealing with this right now, I would fight to keep the home. PLEASE keep us updated.

#16 ·
Prayers definitely being said for you and your hubby. I hope it is all straightened out soon. :hugz:

#18 ·
I am hoping and praying for you that this mess up gets straightened out. It doesn't seem that they could actually do this when they have a paper that says the opposite. Hang in there and keep us updated.

Monner

#19 ·
ok so I think we have it all straightened out finally! I luckily have the most understanding boss ever so he was ok with me taking the morning off yesterday to get it sorted. I did get my lawyer to help out. The biggest obstacle was getting to the right person with our finance company that could help. I will be calling them every day for as long as it takes to make sure that they have corrected the status of the loan. I resent the payment they refused and they should have it today and I will be calling and harrassing them until it is done! It is messed up when the twenty different people I talked to before I got the one who could help all could not understand why this was happening. They kept asking if our acct had been over 60 days past due and when I said no they were shocked and then I got to the one who finally said I think this may have been a mistake....wow...you think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.