Frugal Village Forums banner

Debtors Revolution Against BoA - from You Tube

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Holding Pattern 
#1 ·
#2 ·
For lack of a better way of putting this.. BOA won't give a flying F###.

They will just raise her rate further and put all the late and overlimit fees they can process on it then sue on it.

She ought to pay the 'bastards' off and THEN fight them without extra legal complications.

I understand she's pissed, but she also needs to face reality on this.

I fought BoA earlier this year by paying them off and then telling them to go F### themselves.. they responded by buying my mortgage.

I will figure a way out of BoA, it is just going to take me about a year.

#3 ·
I doubt that BoA will really care. Little fish, big ocean. I'm wondering if there was an option of closing the account and continuing to pay under existing terms. Both Target and Capital One had raised their rates earlier this year, and offered this as one of the options, which is what I did. I know that my credit score took a dive with the debt to credit ratio, but I didn't care. Having a much higher interest rate was not an option and I had no intention of ever using those cards again.

Really stinks what they can get away with!

#4 ·
I can understand why she is upset but trying to get people to join not to pay their debt is not smart. I agree with what Preston said. I would see if she could transfer her balance to another CC if she could get a better APR and close the account. Yeah, when she does get another job I am sure BoA will garnish her check, easily. I wonder what her balance is?

#5 ·
I fought BoA earlier this year by paying them off and then telling them to go F### themselves.. they responded by buying my mortgage.

I will figure a way out of BoA, it is just going to take me about a year.
Let me know when you find a way out of it. :D

#6 ·
Saw this on TV a few nights back. They said some others were getting on board......just with bitching about their banks and telling what they had done to them.

Have you noticed how the credit cards are putting 'their spin' on the changes? Trying to make them look like the good guys in the new laws coming into effect. I got a bill today that says in essence 'since I was such a good customer they have added a few days to my date due payment date'........yeah, right. The new laws are just around the corner.

The TV went on to say that some in congress wanted to move the date up for the new laws to the first of Dec. and the CC Co's said "just not enough time for the changes".........poor babies! Wish they would do it.

#7 ·
Oh waah effing waah.

I ran up a balance on my credit card and then BoA did something that I agreed to let them do when I signed up! UNFAIR!!!

Pay off the card and stop using it and this problem goes away.

But instead she's gonna subject herself to lots of long term fees, her credit rating will plunge, she'll get sued if the balance is high enough - AND lose - and then get garnished.

You want to revolt against credit cards? Fine - do it by paying off the money you borrowed and NEVER DOING IT AGAIN. Otherwise, you have a legal AND moral obligation to pay your debts under the terms YOU agreed to when you signed the paper.

Oh - lemme guess - you didn't read it before you signed it.
TOO EFFING BAD.

#8 ·
What do you think of her actions? Will this revolution be successful?
according to the accompanying article, she did accomplish something. "Thanks to the YouTube revolt, Bank of America relented in the end. The terms of the settlement are not known..."

I hate the credit card industry. Chase did the same thing to me, and I have always paid off my balance in full every month. But they sent me a notice imposing ridiculous interest rates. Since I don't carry a balance, it won't effect me as long as I continue to pay it in full, but the idea that they are doing this in advance of the new law going into effect makes me livid. My only options are never using the cards or cancelling them (I have two because Bank One / Chase acquired both of the original credit card companies). I am trying not to use the credit cards at all. But then I use the debit card, and another dishonest bank makes money off of the debit card. Using cash as much as possible is my plan now.

#9 ·
I'm at a loss as to why you think the bank shouldn't be allowed to make money from your use of the debit card.

#10 ·
It's not them making money off the debit card that I object to. This bank has done some underhanded things - such as offering to deposit x amount if you used your debit card a certain number of times in a month. Then when I had fulfilled those requirements, I had to be extremely persistant to get them to fulfill the offer. They raised my safe deposit box fee by over 80% in one year with only one month's notice. I know they need to make money, but they don't seem to care about their customers. And yes, I am looking for a new bank.

#12 ·
I would say just pay it off and close it and never look back.

#13 ·
I'm a hard-nosed one when it comes to this... if you sign on the line, accept the terms, use the card and incur debt - then pay it off. If she had paid what she owed on time and incurred debt, then it is her legal responsibility to pay.
If you don't like BOA transfer to another lender who you think will be more fair. Refusing to pay? It's her legal obligation...who's going to pay for the shoes and candles and whatever else may have been purchased?

just my opinion:box:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.