Frugal Village Forums banner

my money for the world to see!@!!!!

5K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  Imarachne 
#1 ·
Ok, so my hubby, daughter and I just moved back to Houston after living in Oklahoma for a number of years. Rite now we are blessed enough to be staying with my sil and bil until we move out. We have also been blessed enough for my husbands grandmother to let us rent her rent house as soon as it gets fixed up. So what seems to be the problem.... well we are idioits. we still have some bills to pay off from tulsa and we both took pay cuts to move back here. So I am not one to lay around and just let crap happen to us. This is my family and I want my own house and I am ready for some normalicy. soooo I am gonna put all of my bills on here, along with our income and track us paying all of this stuff off. This is just kinda my way of not letting bills pile up and getting everything back on track.... So I am about to sit down (as soon as I post this bc I am inspired) and open all of the bills and write them down and come up with a budget and post it tonite..... so wish me luck with this scary task and I will let yall know how it goes!!!!:smhelp:

#2 ·
Ok, So here is the immediate things that we owe, not including the things that we are gonna have to pay for us to move into our new place: its quite scary, but I know that we can get it paid off if we just put our minds to it and get it done!!!!

OVERDUE: cell phone- current due 247.51 normal 125
OVERDUE: gas company from tulsa- 108.69 final bill
OVERDUE: interent from tulsa- 81.84 final bill
OVERDUE: electric from tulsa- 258.47 final bill
OVERDUE: current internet bill living wit bil (have to have it bc dh and I r both in school online) 52.62
OVERDUE: dh c.c 427.42 total amt to pay off card
OVERDUE: MY c.c 422.25 total amy to pay off card
OVERDUE AND BY FAR MOST IMPORTANT TO CATCH UP ON: DH STUDENT LOAN currently owe 510.00 to get to current before we can request a deferment!!!
MONTHLY CAR INSURANCE: 129.10 AUTOMATIC ON 17TH OF MTH
MONTHLY TRUCK PYMT: 320 (we pay 160 every 2 weeks)

****total amt to pay before we can move out is 2557.90****

Wow, I had to do the math a couple of times to make sure that was right. that is scary. My husbands paychecks generally run 600 every 2 weeks and I just got a job where my paychecks should run around 450 every 2 weeks after insurance and such.I am kinda worried, but Rome wasnt built in a day, so neither is getting out of debt. Here is my plan so far; I have a 820 dollar check coming in the mail in the next week or soo. my number 1 thing to get caught up on is my hubbys student loan. so i will use most of that check to get caught up on that. dh gets paid tomorrow, so I will pay the truck (160); the current internet (53); and the past due amt of the cell phone which is 126, and the insurance will automatically come out of the 17th which is 130. that will leave us with a lil over a hundred dollars. with that I will get gas in truck and buy stuff for us to take for our lunches. I will update tomorrow as I pay stuff.......

#18 ·
Ok, So here is the immediate things that we owe, not including the things that we are gonna have to pay for us to move into our new place: its quite scary, but I know that we can get it paid off if we just put our minds to it and get it done!!!!

OVERDUE: cell phone- current due 247.51 normal 125-PAID
OVERDUE: gas company from tulsa- 108.69 final bill-PAID
OVERDUE: interent from tulsa- 81.84 final bill-PAID
OVERDUE: electric from tulsa- 258.47 final bill-PAID
OVERDUE: current internet bill living wit bil (have to have it bc dh and I r both in school online) 52.62-PAID
OVERDUE: dh c.c 427.42 total amt to pay off card
OVERDUE: MY c.c 422.25 total amy to pay off card
OVERDUE AND BY FAR MOST IMPORTANT TO CATCH UP ON: DH STUDENT LOAN currently owe 510.00 to get to current before we can request a deferment!!!
MONTHLY CAR INSURANCE: 129.10 AUTOMATIC ON 17TH OF MTH-PAID
MONTHLY TRUCK PYMT: 320 (we pay 160 every 2 weeks)

****total amt to pay before we can move out is 2557.90****

Wow, I had to do the math a couple of times to make sure that was right. that is scary. My husbands paychecks generally run 600 every 2 weeks and I just got a job where my paychecks should run around 450 every 2 weeks after insurance and such.I am kinda worried, but Rome wasnt built in a day, so neither is getting out of debt. Here is my plan so far; I have a 820 dollar check coming in the mail in the next week or soo. my number 1 thing to get caught up on is my hubbys student loan. so i will use most of that check to get caught up on that. dh gets paid tomorrow, so I will pay the truck (160); the current internet (53); and the past due amt of the cell phone which is 126, and the insurance will automatically come out of the 17th which is 130. that will leave us with a lil over a hundred dollars. with that I will get gas in truck and buy stuff for us to take for our lunches. I will update tomorrow as I pay stuff.......
Ok, sorry it has been so long since I replied to the status of what is going on. Everything on the list except for the student loan, and credit cards has been paid in full. However, we have had way more things happen that have directly negativley impacted our money situation. My hubby got a new job (yeah!), quit his old job, and then his new job waited 2 weeks to let him start. So today is his first day back to work. The paycheck we got last week from me barly covered our bills. We still didnt have the money to pay our insurance. so needless to say, i have been very stressed out. However, there is a bright side. I found out both me andmy husband are getting some excess student grant money back this semester. That means I will get to pay off our truck!!!! I know someone had asked me if we would actually be able to live on our own with the amount of money we are making.The answer is yes. as soon as we pay off our truck. I am a very frugal person at heart as is my husband. I want my daughter to grow up and be happy because of how we raised her, not what we bought her. We are very adimit about getting something we can afford and we dont eat out much, and I have definately made a budget about ow much we will be paying with a rent amount of X and we are sticking to it. I would still like some suggestions if yall have any about be frugal at home. Thanks yall really are the best!!

#5 ·
owning up to the problem is the biggest hurdle, the rest won't be easy either but sounds as though you have a plan in place.

good luck and remember you can ask for any advice of vent your frustrations here along the way.

you have a great attitude

#7 ·
alief isd is in dire need of teaching paraprofessionals....

Reactions: lauraashley2006
#11 ·
Really? that would be awesome. I am working on my teaching degree and have been trying since i got back to find something in a school system..... I really appreciate that info. I will def. check into it.

#8 ·
Love how you laid it all out - that takes courage and focus - keep on track - very impressive!!

Reactions: lauraashley2006
#14 ·
Let me ask you this, and feel free not to answer if it's too personal or off-track, but do you have a budget planned out for your new place?

A lot depends on your other expenses, but if your monthly income is $2,100, I'm worried about how you are going to be able to keep up so that you don't get behind again with the expenses you've listed, let alone catch up.

$2,100/month with $450 in transportation expenses, plus a student loan. That's a really tough road to hoe, depending on rent and any other mandatory monthly expenses you have.

It can be done, but you need to make sure you've sat down and done a real budget with numbers that work and that you can stick to, so that you don't fall behind even further.

Ink
(Speaking from a very similar experience)

#15 ·
Brave you for laying it all out there on the line! Seems like you do have a plan in place ready to go fwd until your debt is paid off however don't forget to 'snowball' if you can :) You'll be caught up before you know it! Remember, we're always here to help if need be.

#19 ·
Hang in there - sounds like you are doing very well with bad times. Now that DH is working, it'll start to ease up.

#20 ·
I think I would have at least some money put aside to cover at least one months "moved out" expenses first. Better safe than sorry and shouldn't take that long if you are in decent shape.

#21 ·
That is an excellent point. I have every intention of not moving out until we have atleast a thousand in the bank, bc I dont want to sabatoage myself. Plus we should get arouind 4 or 5 thousand back for income tax. we claim single and zero even though we have a 3 year old so that we can have a big chunck of money in the bank for the following year.

#22 ·
Plus we should get arouind 4 or 5 thousand back for income tax.
Listen, if you're living on a budget now, then you should really stop doing that.

You're giving the Government an interest free loan. Fix your declarations so you get only a few dollars back from - or even pay a few dollars to - Uncle Sam each year.

#23 ·
So how do I fix it to where Im not paying out each year? Like if I claim 3 we will have to pay, so how would I do that where I can break even each year>?

#24 ·
#25 ·
#26 ·
thank you so much.

#27 ·
you have encouraged me to face what I already know. I am in extreme debt that can be resolved if I start today. So, good luck my friend. I wish I had advice for you. Me and you will get through this and be encouraging to others. {{hug}}

#28 ·
how is the teaching degree going?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.