Frugal Village Forums banner

Bankruptcy, and so it begins

19K views 168 replies 54 participants last post by  Thevail 
#1 ·
I haven't been on here for about 3 weeks give or take. For those of you who have listened to me for many months we turned in the final paperwork today. Well, we mailed it to the lawyer. About 3 weeks ago with our last appointment we turned in alot of it but the total amount was massive as it was not only personal but business debt also. Very confusing, very much a pain in the ass. Very sad. But it was mailed today

Last night we did our counceling by phone as, again, it was to confusing and didn't know what to expect to try to do by computer. There would be two budgets to deal with and business expenses is not cut and dried. I must say the call went well and we both felt better when it was done. We will have to do this again before the bankruptcy is dismissed and can be done at anytime.

Alot of you know about the health situations here. Hubby isn't getting any better but I think once the stress level of worrying over filing is done it will ease, not go away, but ease. Stress elevates the sugar level tremendously. It was hitting close to 500 at several points and because of this he had to go on insulin. I did end up taking the daughter to the doctor to change meds. The other wasn't helping much. This seems to be working better.

Hubby spent about 2 of the weeks trying to figure out if there was any way to not do this. He's where I was for almost a year. He's there now, or was. He made himself really sick with this one. Said this is killing me, meaning himself. Kept saying I hope we're not making a mistake. $2000 a month short of paying the bills is not a mistake honey, it's a given.

We missed the house payment this month. Bank of Hell is calling with automated "This overdue payment puts your house in a new status." What the he$$!!! We changed our phone number at home over a year ago and they called the house a couple nights ago. I'd like to know how they got the number. New status...hmmmm...imagine that. I hope they choke on it and develope hemoroids on the way out.

Discover had the nerve to call today and offer 9.99% after giving me 20.99% a year ago for being a good customer. BUT only if they could auto deduct it out of the account. Nope, not happening. Told her I was recording from the very beginning. SHE forgot to tell the second lady tho. And they never said they were recording me..I reminded her of that. The phone call came to hubby's work and I told her to never call that number again. All communication is to be in writing and the stupid twit asked me if there was a contact number she could reach me at. Duh...what part of no phone calls only contact is to be in writing do you not understand. Yes, I told her that. No, no phone number.

Phone calls between 8 to 5 are probably 30 to 50 in that nine hour period. Driving me up the wall. I just want to pick it up and start screaming. I'm thinking about getting a whistle. No joke. It's getting on my nerves that bad. Unfortunately I think they are all computer generated. Oh yeah, Bank of Hell called work today also. Computer voice there also. So they've called twice.

The bankruptcy lawyers are just about all booked up. The one we have, his secretary told us there's a new call every half hour. The courts are backed out the wazoo.

So now we sit and wait. Wait until his people go thru the paperwork and get it organized. Don't envy them...what a mess. Wait until they call and ask for something else or ask what does this mean or just plain What the hell!! Have to laugh sometime. When that's done we will have another appointment with him and he will file. I assume he will have the numbers crunched and will let us know what the household budget will be and also the business. What the payback will be. Then the meeting.

Between the all consuming paperwork and everything else I've been playing on the computer and not doing a whole load of anything worthwhile but I've had a ball doing it. But now I'm ready to come back and get with it. I need to. I miss alot of people on here.

I think I will continue on this same thread with updates on what is happening with the bankruptcy and the outcome. I won't start a new one everytime. Any one that has questions about what is going on please don't be afraid to ask or private message me. I'll be glad to answer questions.

I also want to say thank you to all my friends on here for their support and encouragement. For not saying" Oh, you can't do that. That's not right!"...I've had nothing but kindness and support from all of you. Thank you. Sometimes blind, long distance friendships are better than the surrounding ones. That's the way I feel here. Love you all.

More to come and the saga continues....

See less See more
#2 ·
Niko, I've been thinking about you and wondering how everything is going. Thanks so much for the update. :cheerup:

You guy's are doing what you have to do and I hope your dh's health gets better.

Not surprised about the BR lawyers being so busy!

Reactions: NikoSan999
#4 ·
I was wondering where your bank of hell comments were! lol Sorry you are going through all of this crap. Keep you and DH healthy for the fight.

On a side note, the hemorrhoids comment made me actually laugh out loud! That needs to be in your signature! lol

Bank of Hell's offer "I hope they choke on it and develop hemorrhoids on the way out. ":lol3:

#9 ·
I was thinking about a search party also.

Glad to see you back and posting :)

((( you been missed )))

#12 ·
Thanks for checking in, Niko!

#13 ·
Thanks for checking in Niko! Hang in there, things will get better. I hope your hubby's health improves soon now. Sending lots of hugs! :)

#17 ·
Hang in there. The health of you and your DH are more important than anything else. all the best to you both.

#18 ·
hang in there! we all know this is not what you wanted to happen, there was just no other way.

#20 ·
Oh Nikko my friend, I've been worried about you. I haven't seen you on the boards and I know you have been going through the wringer.

I'm so sorry to hear that your DH is struggling with his blood sugar. Stress takes such a toll on the body.

Know that I'm continuing to uphold you and your DH in prayer in these trying days. Take care and try not worry too much, don't let them get you down.

Polly

#21 ·
:hugz: I hope the stress level can come down some for your dh. I'm glad your dd and dh have you to take care of them but don't forget to take care of yourself.

#22 ·
I've also been thinking about. Hang in there. :hugz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.