Frugal Village Forums banner

Ya know, murphy really stinks!!!!!!

Tags
murphy stinks
2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  starsapphire 
#1 ·
Ugh. So today DH gets a call from him job. He was supposedly hired on to the company like 2 weeks ago and not a temp anymore...got shirts and everything. Today he gets a call that there was a freeze on hiring and he is still a temp because they did not put papers through. The really bad part of this is temps are getting layed off, and temps do not have to work for the rest of the week, which means rent still cannot get paid (which is currently 10 days late!). What the heck am I suppose to do??? DH is going to be looking for another job, but geez!!! I want to curl up in bed and not get out!

I was also suppose to get my first check from my work last week but the decided to hold it and add it to this weeks check because it was only 4 hours and then WV state tax messed up our taxes from last year and owed us money and they said they will mail it and tack on interest because its been a whole year...well we got that check today for a whole $20 and no interest! That could of really helped!

I am getting everything together I can sell and I just don't have anything. The only thing I can think of is my bedroom set, but who was money to pay for a bedroom set right now?? No one.

:(

See less See more
#2 ·
Geez, Ashley, that's rough! I don't have any advice except hang in, keep getting out of bed, and hopefully something will change for the better.

What kind of work does DH do?

:hug2:

Reactions: AnW819
#5 ·
:hugz:, Ashley. Hang in there. Can y'all pay the rent when you get your paycheck?

#7 ·
We are planning on paying rent on the 22nd, which leaves us two weeks to pay following months rent.

I am so sorry that things are going so crappy for you and your DH!! Have you talked to your landlord about the rent?
Yeah we talked to the landlord and being this is the first month due they were pretty upset. Told them that my job was giving me no hours so I started a new job and such, and then I had trouble with my bank but have not talked to them about that yet. We told them we would pay it tomorrow but we have to wait til the 22nd now.

#9 ·
I can see where they would be kind of upset but sometimes you just really cant help the way things work out. Maybe SOON things will get better for yall and you will be able to pay the rent on time and show them that this was just a bump in the road. Keep your head up and keep trying. I know its a lot easier to just throw your hands up in the air and quit but I think that you are resilient and can beat all of this "MURPHY MADNESS"!! :)
Keeping you in my thoughts!! :) hugs to ya girlie!!

#11 ·
Well we are making some changes today....today I paid rent 1/2 of what I owe them and the rest will be paid next week and then Mays rent should be on time if there are no more hiccups. We have also been renting a couch because we had nothing to sit on and no family had anything. We planned on keeping it for about 2-3 weeks til we found something. Well being we can't pay that either we went on craigslist and just bought a couch for $100 and returned the other couch which will be saving us about $160 a month. It was a stupid move to get it in the first place, ugh. And other than that the only thing I can cut down on is internet and cable...but I don't think I am quite there yet. As of next week rent will be paid so thats good...I'm trying!

#15 ·
Febreeze Extra Strength - I recommend buying brand name on this one and don't bother with the one bottle - buy the REFILL jug and just use whatever bottle you have on the go.

I know Febreeze does cost a lot and has many 'pretty' scents but the Extra Strength does wonders. DF had that issue - something was in his car forever and he brought it into the apt and the entire apt had that 'new car smell' - ick! So I sprayed it daily and after about a few days, he came in from work and announced there was no more 'new car smell'.

I hope that works for you!

#16 ·
sprayn it with frabrezz(sp). look on this site for a hm version..i got a couch from a smoker who had cats and never opened her door..but i sprayed it and will be using a friends shampooer..

it smells so much better.. now i need to clean it..

#20 ·
I feel just like that Ashley wanting to crawl in bed my dh has been laid off for 6 months and waiting on two diff job opportunities but they're taking their time, But now he has another interview Monday with the first job place. Hope it's good news. I've been really stressed at my work knowing I'm responsible for our food money. Hope he finds something soon! Hugs:)

#22 ·
Sorry Ansley...been off for awhile and don't know what's been happening with you.

All I can say is just keep plodding along and do the best you can. That's all you can do. Sounds like you have a good plan, just stick to it and take one step after another.

#23 ·
If there's any way you can put the couch outside in a protected area for a few days, the fresh air will really help. Got rid of chain-smoker's cigarette smell that way once. If not, the Febreeze should do the trick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.