Frugal Village Forums banner

Had an unwelcomed visit from Murphy!

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Mom23boys 
#1 ·
What a morning! Woke up to take a shower to get ready for church. What a eye wakening moment when I had to take a shower in COLD water!! BRRRRRRRR! Our hot water heater has went out or maybe just the heating element. DH had to work this morning and said he will look at it when he gets home. I sure do not want to take anymore cold showers like that one!!

Thank goodness for an EF!

#6 ·
Oh no......I can't think of too many things worse than a cold shower........I can't even do that in the summer....warm, yes ---cold ...NO!

Hope you can get it fixed soon and without major cost.

I think I will be right there with you......I know mine is going but am 'probably' going to just let it die. My water is so hard that it FRIES the bottom element.....and the age is getting up there too...so I expect it. I DID price them at HD the last time I was there. Not sure what installation costs.

#7 ·
Thanks, friends! DH and I made a dash to Lowes after he got off work Sunday evening. We picked up a hot water heater and accessories for around $275. There was no extra cost for installation because DH and DS#2 put it in themselves. YEA!!! I am so glad that they were able to do it themselves. No more COLD showers before church!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.