Frugal Village Forums banner

And the time draws near...

Tags
draws time
1K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  MTS04 
#1 ·
Hello all...

Sorry for my absence. It's been really nuts here, to say the least.

DD22 is ready to have her baby any day. We spent most of the day at the hospital today due to blood pressure issues. Fortunately all the tests came out ok, and mom/baby are still healthy. The unfortunate part is that it cost me about 7 hours worth of pay from my job that I can't make up time for. She goes back to the doctor early next week, possibly to be induced, depending on what the doctor sees at that point.

DS18 is still on track to graduate on time. His social calendar is full and he's always gone, but I'd rather he be out with friends and active than sitting at home bored or on the internet.

DS12 will be here in a couple of weeks to spend the summer. Looking forward very much to seeing him again. He called me a couple of days ago, and was crying, said "I just feel so empty inside, Mom - I MISS YOU!". It was heartbreaking. He had been up late the night before, and when he's tired, he always gets really emotional and cries easily - but knowing that didn't make it any easier.

Financially, things are still very tight for us. We may not have internet or phone much longer, as I can't keep up with that bill and the other regular bills. We have cut off all other "luxuries", like the satellite for tv, etc. We are down to only the phone and the internet (which runs through my phone), and soon that will probably be gone too, and we will use a pre-paid cell phone for phone service. We have applied for jobs for DS18 but nothing has come through yet.

We are very grateful for all the help we've received from friends and family in regards to items for the baby - we haven't had to buy much of anything, which has been a huge help.

I'll post another update soon...but probably not until the baby arrives. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the update. :hugz:

#8 ·
I wish you a happy healthy baby to snuggle very soon. Best wishes.

#9 ·
Babies have a wonderful way of putting everything in perspective and I am so happy that everything is okay on course in that area!! Aloha, hugs and prayers to you and your family. Mahalo for letting us know how things are going. Take care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.