Frugal Village Forums banner

husband on unemployment

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Nana2two 
#1 ·
Due to the fact i was hospitalized and my son was also at the same time...I am schizo affective and had a breakdown when my son got sick.His boss let him go and he got unemployment so he could stay home and care for my son...the little guy had kwashiokir a third world disease when children are malnourished...my son wouldn't eat and we tried everything since march when we took him off the bottle , to get him to eat...he was in a feeding program through dist three.So finally after three hospitalizations for this they finally put him on a feeding tube...my husband is trying now to get into the local 147, sandhog union in NYC, the tunnel miners.I pray he gets called, he went in last night.I am up hoping to catch him when he comes in.I pray he gets a job with them, working nights would be good for us and the paycheck wouldn't hurt either he could make an excellent salary doing this.

patty

#3 ·
prayers he gets a job !!

Reactions: patra
#6 ·
I hope he gets the job also.

#7 ·
Looking forward to hearing that he gets the job and that things start looking up for you all!! Please take care.

#8 ·
Sending well wishes and good thoughts your way for both the job and your family's health!

#9 ·
my DH has a few side jobs lined up and goes into the tunnel in manhatten twice a week, so he is kind of burning the candle at both ends but at least work is coming in.I am tired, have been taking care of the home and kids night and day, but that is my job right now.I hope to get to a yoga or tai chi class this week for some decompressing.

patty

#11 ·
Good luck to you and your husband. It sounds like you both have a lot on your plate. Hugs and prayers coming your way!

#15 ·
Sounds like you're both tired. Probably has alot to do with the fighting.

#16 ·
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope things will be better for you from here on out. Take care of yourself and I hope you son's health will improve too.

#17 ·
The stress of a sick child really ways on a marriage. I know i went through one.All we did was argue and fight. The love just faded away. Sure we had other problems. But it was the stress of taking care of a disabled child, one sidded that is.
I wish you the best,i do agree with other ,your tired he is tired, money is tight along with a sick child You both have alot on your plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.