Frugal Village Forums banner

husband lost his job this morning

4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  mamamia 
#1 ·
so big bomb dropped

been living paycheck to paycheck, short hours, sold his bike to catch up rent and buy him something he can drive back n forth to work and save gas..since company refused to put gas in their vehicles anymore.

so now middle of the month one more short check coming..i guess i should be thankful the rent was paid for october, the vehicle is paid for october, the light bill is paid

still got a chunk of stuff to pay

comcast the lowest they will take is $203.00
sirrus gave us 6 months free service when i called today
stopped netflix 3 months
can postpone a loan payment $122 10 days i think
owe mom $85.00 but she pays me weekly for cleaning so i will clean "FREE" for a few weeks
small dr payment $25
vet payment $100.00
at&t will probably work with me $155
dads birthday probably wont have no money for him
rent $885
sons first school pics $14.00

waiting on a $75 puppy deposit, was supposed to make it this past weekend..
$600 paycheck
owed $50 from a long time ago stud service but i hate to keep asking i got $100.00 2 weeks ago

i still have 4 yorkies left for deposit..usually sell quickly and i have reduced the price hoping to get more deposits. applied for unemployment but i think that takes a month to get and he has never received it so i think it would be a good amount but im sure he will have another job before that takes effect..he has an offer but he is suppose to talk tonight with them and see what the offer is ..might be too little to take never know...

i pray that things work out...they always do...im not stressing YET

See less See more
#2 ·
So sorry to hear the latest news - sounds as if you have a plan in motion. Please go after the stud service fee - you are owed the money and deserve it. Please keep us updated as to how things are going.

Reactions: sahm2boys
#3 ·
Sorry to hear this! The best news is that you already know what you still have coming in and what needs to go out. So many times people lose their jobs and they have no idea where their finances stand. Best of luck to you and keep us informed!

#4 ·
husbands interview tonight looks good also is 1/2 partner in another company so he explained that he gets 50/50 on profits made
he also applied for a few artistic gigs on craigslist
and i applied for a few cleaning position on craigslist that are weekly

#5 ·
Hang in there. Hopefully the interview will work out.
Keep us posted as to what is going on.

#6 ·
ugh i am sorry !! Sounds like you are going a great job being pro-active and thinking what can be done/ changed / how to get more $ in etc rather than just reactive and thinking woe is me and stressing out !!

prayers all works out for dhs possible job !

#7 ·
Hang in there! If everything goes smoothly with the unemployment application, he should have his first check the 3rd week as the 1st week is the "waiting week" (I was on unemployment a bit this past year) and if I remember correctly, I got my first check like sometime during the 3rd week (but don't take my word on it, I'm sure there are things/situations that could happen that I don't know about)

#13 ·
well a little disappointed
the job interview person said call at 6:30, no answer no call back

BUT one of the big guys that works at another company, that hired my husbands company wants him to come out tomorrow to talk money and benefits..!!! so crossin my fingers people!

#18 ·
I'm sorry to hear about the job loss. It does seem that the two of you are not just sitting back and "letting" it run you. Lots of action and what sounds like possibilities already rolling around in such a short period. I think a lot of people would still be holding thier head in thier hands and not yet mobilized into action. Big :thumb: to you both.

#21 ·
I'm sorry things are tough right now for you and your family. But I read your other posts about your dh getting laid off, and I'm sure with all your determination, you'll get thru this. And remember what they say..."whatever doesn't kill us, will only make us stronger".

Tammy, keep your head up, and hang in there! You'll make your way thru this.

Theres :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.