Frugal Village Forums banner

Question for those of you that have dealt with BoA...

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dianne9106 
#1 ·
We are trying to get this home modification done. It's been a trial like none other let me tell you! Man, when people say Bank of Hell they aren't kidding! They've lost our paperwork numerous times and the girl even told me that when I send it out to them or fax it that it doesn't necessarily go to the people that are meant to receive it. So if I'm trying to send something to someone specific or a specific department it's pretty much hit or miss because their offices are all over the place. So somehow this is my fault? Don't get it but whatever.

Finally we are at the finish line and now the girl isn't calling me back! We got the paperwork for finalizing the modification and it says on there that I need a lender's title insurance policy or endorsement.?

Now, we got one of these when we originally closed on the house (I learned this when I actually called my homeowner's insurance guy because I couldn't get a hold of BoA) and I don't know if this is actually what they are looking for, if they want a copy of what we originally got or if they want me to go out and pay for more or what is going on!

Of course it took 4 days through FedEx for the paperwork to get here and I only have until the 13th to get paperwork back to them that I just got yesterday and I can't get them on the freaking phone to answer my questions! Ack! I'm starting to freak out just a little bit. Oh, and we have to go get it notarized which we will do tomorrow as DH is working overtime today...but come on! Return my phone call already!

So does anyone have ANY idea what it is they want with the lender's title insurance policy? If we already have one wouldn't they know that? I mean, they were the original lender on the mortgage until we were sold to various different places....wouldn't they already have this on file somewhere?

ARGH! Frustrating! Thanks for any help you can provide!

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok, nevermind! She finally called me back and answered all my questions! Phew!

It is definitely something that should come with most home loans but occasionally doesn't. Since BoA was the original lender she said we didn't need to send anything...that it would already be on file and that the wording was in there regardless...just to make sure you have one. Weird. May be sending a copy of what we have just to be on the safe side.

So all I need to do is send the paycheck stubs and have the paperwork notarized! Yay! I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Wow...I just can't believe that this has taken almost two years! I'm relieved...or will be once it all is completed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.