Frugal Village Forums banner

We are sooooo stupid....

3K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  LuvMyHubby 
#1 ·
Yep, our situation is our own fault. I wonder when we will learn?? Oh well 2011 is the begining of another year, so I will begin again to recover and make things right. My husband and I thought we would do the right thing by moving to another town to stay with my daughter(and grandkids) while SIL was deployed. I gave up my job, husband was on workmans comp. We did okay untill a few weeks before Christmas she decided she didn't need us anymore and while she appreciated it, she wanted us to go back home. In the process, our truck broke down (transmission, all kinds of wheel joints, brakes.....the best price we could negotiate was 2900.00. The insurance company was good in fronting the remainder of the workmans comp benefits(he has been rated and released). So we made it through the holidays, we were very frugal, but we have been searching for jobs, very diligently and have had no luck. I realize that this is the worst time of year to be searching, but husband has a few prospects. We have been staying with family and friends, but really feel like we are getting "heavy". We are down to our last 100.00 and have no where to live, can't even get and apt with a move in special, because we have no job yet. I know it will happen sooner or later...just getting frustrated...I am determined to make 2011 the year that we turn every thing, thought and habit into a self sustaining habit, so we never have to depend on anyone else's kindness again. Thanks for letting me rant! Happy and prosperous New Year to all!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay jettylady, assuming you live on the East coast you've got about 5 hours left of 2010. 2011 is a brand new start, leave the bad habits and mistakes in 2010. Don't dwell on shoulda, coulda, woulda, 2011 is your year!

A year of good choices, a year of learning on the FV, a year with employment! It's going to be okay, really, it's going to be okay. :hugz: We are here to cheer you on, to show you the way of the frugal lifestyle.

What kinds of jobs are you looking for? Maybe we can help bounce some ideas?

If you're looking to be homeless soon you might consider getting signed up for section 8 housing. Beats living in your truck in the Winter.

Don't forget that there are food pantries available out there, as well as food stamps.

Reactions: HappyMama
#6 ·
I am sorry things are so hard right now, but as many have said you can do it believe and use the New Year to turn things around. Blessings and hugs to you. As others have said please apply for government assistance so that you will be able to be safe and warm this winter. I will be praying for you.

#8 ·
Saying prayers and sending good luck. 2011 will be your year to turn things around! :hugz:

#10 ·
How Frustrating! You will get through this! Cling to each other and push through. You can do it. Very bad timing for all of it but just hang on to each other and you will persevere.

#11 ·
First of all:

YOU ARE NOT STUPID!!!!

What you did, you did from the kindness of your hearts. There is nothing stupid about that. Please don't look at your situation and feel like you made a mistake by being kind - the world would be a better place if more people made sacrifices to help others.

Secondly, I agree with the others about finding out what kind of help you can get. It is there for situations exactly like yours.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay warm and keep your hope alive!

#13 ·
Daisygirl is absolutely right, you are not stupid. You will find that you will be blessed for your kind act. Sometime when you least expect it God will bless you and your DH. You have so many people here praying and supporting you. You have the determination, now have faith. Hugs and many prayers being sent your way. Please let us know how things go.

Cat

Reactions: marjorie
#14 ·
What wonderful thoughts from all of you! Thanks, those kind words feel really nice..Yes I know there is probably gov't assistance out there...I really hate the thought of going there..I like to do things myself..we live in texas and the weather here is great, so I'm not too concerned..we will get there, I think the jobs will come next week, it will just be the waiting for the checks. I do feel stupid for not saving something
I def know better than that...Thanks again for the well wishes, I will keep you posted.
jettylady

#15 ·
thinking of you and look forward to your updates. your quite positive and I hope things pull through for you quickly :)

#17 ·
My thoughts are with you both.
Have you considered contacting your church? They may be a host of Angel Food Ministries. Or you can Google Angel Food Ministries and go to their website. I'd post a clickable link for you but I don't yet have enough posts.
Is your husband a veteran? Maybe there are benefits available for you as a couple through the Veterans Administration.

#18 ·
I don't think you are stupid at all. You adjusted/uprooted your lives to try and make a mutually beneficial life with your daughter and for whatever reasons this did not work out as expect and now you are finding yourselves the ones who have to back up and punt so to speak. It isn't stupid at all, it is kind and brave.

Please do consider some kind of assistance to get you through hard times that you did not expect and do not deserve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.