Frugal Village Forums banner

Legitimate & Reputable Debt Consolidation Companies that actually WORK ??

846 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ceashels 
#1 ·
We've heard so many conflicting details (online mostly) about how many of these companies are fraudulent and when we sought counsel on debt-reduction, we were encouraged by various resources to avoid this option. My husband was paying around $70/month for awhile to a company that was supposed to help us negotiate with the debtors and reduce our interest and negotiate settlement payments, etc. But he rarely ever heard from them and ended up doing ALOT of his own work and got farther on his own than through the company. He finally canceled his account because it seemed like money thrown-away.

If there are ANY legitimate, reputable debt-consolidation or debt-negotiating companies out there where people have actually experienced SUCCESS, we would be interested to know about them.

Thank you.

#2 ·
Not that I'm aware of, though others may have heard or experienced better. From what I understand these companies really don't do anything you can't do yourself. So I think that doing it on your own might be the best option for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.