Frugal Village Forums banner

Selling Our House

Tags
house selling
2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  GirlBoyGirl 
#1 ·
We are listing our home for sale on Sunday because we just can't handle the mortgage anymore. DH was laid off from his PT job (worked 2 nights a week, 5p-10p and still made almost as much as his FT job) and ever since we have been struggling. We have only stayed out of debt thanks for generous gifts from DH's grampa (unsolicited- he sends big fat checks out to all the grandkids regularly- thank goodness for him!) and we decided it would be better to just sell our house. We will be renting from my sister who has an empty townhome and she is giving us a great deal on rent, in which we can actually save money for once! We are moving in there on Thursday and will be leaving this house staged for showing. We are painting and cleaning like crazy!!! I am also burying a St. Joseph statue in the yard! Our agent is the top 5th in the state and is a power seller so I have my fingers crossed she will get the job done! We need it sold FAST! Please cross your fingers for us and I will keep you guys updated.

#2 ·
Katie :hugz: I hope it sells quick. I'll be praying for you.

#8 ·
Things will be looking up for you soon! Best wishes. :)

#9 ·
Way to go!! What a tough decision that had to be. I hope it goes well and is as less-stressful as possible. It will feel so much better once you get on top of your finances again. Hugs to you.

#11 ·
Thank you everyone!!!

Yes it is shame to sell the house but we weren't in love with the house anyway, we wanted to move eventually and my sisters townhome is really nice so I know we will be happy there, especially since we can save money!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.