Frugal Village Forums banner

So Frustrated!

Tags
frustrated
2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  pcaltman 
#1 ·
We have been working really hard at eliminating debt this year and we had made good progress. We have paid off about $8000 of credit card debt so far this year and I was very proud of that. However, in the last Six weeks, Murphy has come to visit and he will NOT leave. I have put a whopping $3000 back on the credit card. I am so dishearted. Sometimes I think that we will never get out of credit card debt. We have been working towards this goal for so long and we still have a long way to go. It's hard to keep fighting.
:jug:

#2 ·
Even with the setback, you should be so proud of paying of 8,000. Keep your chin up, keep plugging away and tell Murphy to leave already. I hope things get better for you soon, those problems leave and you are blessed for all your hard work .

Reactions: QM
#3 ·
Keep fighting.

I picture it like me floating on the waves trying to get to the debt free shore.

I swim like crazy to get to the debt free shores but sometimes the waves take me back out ( Murphy and other of his friends).

Although The shore is father off then it was before Murphy hit, the waves did not carry back as far as I was before I started swimming. I am still closer to the debt free shores then I was and I am certainly closer to the debt free shores then I would have been in when Murphy had come to visit and I had not started to swim to the debt free shores.

Does that story only make sense to me? Anyway that is how I picture it and keep my sanity as I head toward the debt free shores.

Hang on and doesn't give up hope keep swimming as the blue fish form Finding Nemo would say. Just keep swimming.

#4 ·
We have the same problem, seems we take one step forward then two steps backs. It just never seems to quit. You have to keep trying, Things have got to get better, I see where people post they are debt free.. one day it will be you!!

#5 ·
Dave says to make it a point to put money, even the smallest amount every week into an Emergency Fund that way we don't have to blow up the credit card. I have to admit it is nice to have that money there in case of emergencies and after being out of work for 2 years it sure did help a lot.

#6 ·
Don't forget- you're fighting that fight so that one day, when Murphy comes a-calling to the tune of $3k, you'll just take it out of your EF, instead of charging it! You SHOULD be proud- even with a 3k 'set back', you're still ahead of the game by $5k. Keep up the good work!

#7 ·
Or you could look at as a Blessing that the Lord had set you on this path, would you have had another avenue available to you had you not paid off that $8000, to be able to have the $3000 amount open to you on the CC. Do not dispare, you have made the begining steps, and so, you know what path you need to follow, when the unwanted "visitor" leaves. If you ever find a Murphy free zone, please share. I would love to live in a Murphyless place :)

#8 ·
I understand . I really do. However anyway you look at it you paid of 8000 minus the 3000 you had to put back on and it is still 5000! $5000 is awesome!!!! You are winning and will keep right on winning. Sometimes it makes for an awkward dance going a few steps forward and a step back but your still moving in the right direction.

#9 ·
Get your $1000 efund and cut up your credit cards!!!! You are doing great paying the $8000 off. When we cut up our cards we found away to work around any and all murphy's and we paid cash. Also just make sure your murphy's are really murphy's. I have seen so many people say they needed this and that, but really they didn't or it could have waited a few months. We did keep our credit card for awhile, but always seemed to add to it for food or gas. When we finally put the last amount to our efund we had a cut up party. It feels great. Sense then we have had murphy show up, medical, car broke down, roof leak etc. But we paid cash even if we had to save for a few month and add it too our fund to be able to pay. You can do this be proud of what you have done so far:) Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.