I'm so upset....it could be starting all over again
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default I'm so upset....it could be starting all over again

The attorneys office called about a month ago about 2010 and 2011 tax returns that were supposed to be in the trustees office by may 15th and we were never told? Hubby took them to the attorneys office that friday after the phone call on wednesday. they said they would mail them the followiing monday and it should be ok.

Well, guess what was waiting for us in the mailbox. A letter from the trustee stating she was filing a dismissal for not receiving them. We have to go to court august 13th. I asked the attorney twice I know before and after we filed if we had to turn in tax returns each year and he said both times NOTt unless they were called for. Supposedly the law changed in 2010 and NO ONE told us.

I don't know if she didn't receive them or if it was just the wording being as they were late. but she's filing for a cancellation of the bankruptcy. You can't file again for 6 months. and all the creditors have already been notified along with us. She'll make her decision either on the 13th or there after.

If we have to do that roger said we'll do a chapter 7 not a 13 again. That's complete. So we'll be jobless at almost 59 and 65 cause that means the business would go also.

We were over 2 years into the 5 year payback, never a late payment. 6 months of collectors calling us before we can file again. Possibly garnishing wages and slapping a lien on the trailer.

Ii'm calling tomorrow. but it may be monday and if we weren't the only ones that this happened to the office phone will be ringing off the hook. getting hold of someone will be near impossible. talking to him WILL be impossible..always has been. I'm asking then i'm telling them we want an appointment...period.

If that's true i'm hoping there are 1000's of others in the same boat because the attorneys didn't tell them and the court is swamped. might work in our/everyone's favor. clients can't know if they're not told. Hopefully he doesn't lie and say he did tell us. Then again, if there's a ton of people obviously somethings wrong when they get to court.

I don't know. only thing we'll have left is the trailer and in 6 months SOMEONE will have a lien slapped on it. Need to talk to the attorney about putting it in the kids name...just not sure if that's kosher this close to the date. i don't know i don't know..I DON'T KNOW...
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon Sales Challenge Mar
    $10.43

Coupons for Year / $110.43

Mar/ Grocery
    $58.58 /Goal $250.00 Total

Groceries for Year minus Jan & Feb
    $58.58

Eat Out No More April
    Goal 20
    Accomp/1

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh Niko I am so sorry you are going through this again! That is so unjust. Doesn't the lawyer work for you and aren't they supposed to be making sure they get what they need? I thought that was what they did!!! Sending hugs and prayers!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Niko, I am sorry to hear that everything is crashing due to an error on your lawyer's part. He should be contacting the trustee, not you!!! I hope you can get it all worked out without having to start over. Fingers crossed on your behalf...
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry, Niko. I hope the trustee will give you guys a break.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just called the attorneys office. Supposed to call me back. When I said we wanted an appointment ASAP she asked why. I said regarding the fact the trustee is wanting to cancel our bankruptcy. She immediately said is this because of not turning in tax returns. I said yes but Cory ( one of workers and the only one worth crap) didn't call until the middle of June asking for them and they were due on the trustees desk May 15th and hubby hand delivered them to the Sebring office on Friday after she called on a Wednesday. She put me on hold and when she came back she said Cory would call me back. I asked today? as they aren't very useful with EVER getting back to anyone. She said yes but she was in a meeting. Probably a crapload of people in the same boat and that's what the meeting is about. I don't know that but I'd say what with us getting that letter yesterday so did a lot of other people and more to come and they know it and trying to figure out how to either get their selves out of deep crap or how they're going to handle going to court with multitudes of people.

Even if they call back we still want an appointment and they aren't going to want to make one.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    $10.43

Mar/ Grocery

$58.58

Eat Out No More April
    Goal 20
    Accomp/1

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WOW I am sending up a prayer for you!!
    Lots of hugs!!
    Unexpected life drama bill owe April 2014 11K/current balance 11K.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a mess! Hope it is sorted out soon NikoSan999.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh gosh Niko.........it does sound like a mess......and it really sucks since it is the attorney that created it............I do hope you can get something worked out.

I would file a complaint against the atty. when all is said and done..........at least it would be on file...........not that much would happen.........unless everyone filed one!

Hugs to you.............hang in there!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That really stinks. My heart goes out to you. Praying things all work out for y'all.
    If You Find Yourself Dancing In The Rain
    You Have Been Blessed

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

r u close enough to walk into the office? i would and it wouldnt be pretty
    car loan 12/2006 14,687.93

student load : in forbearance

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko - I'm sorry to hear you're going through this again!

*HUGE HUGS*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Argh......
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cory called back. Got the run a round. Would NOT make an appointment. Said it wasn't necessary.
    Said it was a form letter hundreds of people got. Pi$$ed me off and her I liked. When she first called it was the law had changed and she sounded on the frantic side... blah blah...NOW the stories changed to it always should have been turned in to their office. I said HE said only if asked for NOT every year. She said yeah, and they asked for it. She's covering up a huge mistake the office made.

She actually verbalized that I was making a mountain out of a molehill. She said she was sending a letter out today to her ( probably for a ton of people that's called) and that the trustee would cancel the motion. She said it probably crossed in the mail. Well, considering the trustees letter was dated the 2nd of July then his office had it at least 2 weeks before it was sent and Cory said the office had electronically sent it. . I asked if we would get a notice of that and she said yes but it may be close to the august 13th date. hmmm....so if we don't get it it's going to be hell getting ahold of anyone there to talk and impossible to see him.

probably get the you'll get it...you'll get it clear up to the 12th. So if we DON'T get one we'll be at the hearing whether he is or not. And if we don't get one and I call his office on the 9th or 10th and they still say we don't have to go we're going anyway. My fear is that if we don't get the cancellation notice of the hearing and he shows up alone he'll say we were told to turn the papers in AND to show up....and tell us a different story.

Challenges
    $10.43

Mar/ Grocery

$58.58

Eat Out No More April
    Goal 20
    Accomp/1

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    So if we DON'T get one we'll be at the hearing whether he is or not. And if we don't get one and I call his office on the 9th or 10th and they still say we don't have to go we're going anyway. My fear is that if we don't get the cancellation notice of the hearing and he shows up alone he'll say we were told to turn the papers in AND to show up....and tell us a different story.
    This sounds like one big crappy mess..............I think this would be a good move on your part.............and.........BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

And............if they had told me I didn't have to show up........for you to SHOW UP anyway........then find out you TRULY DID NEED TO.........I don't think it would be pretty for my part!!!

Good luck.................DON'T FORGET to stop and take a deep breathe once in awhile............your health matters too!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

And............if they had told me I didn't have to show up........for you to SHOW UP anyway........then find out you TRULY DID NEED TO.........I don't think it would be pretty for my part!!!

Good luck.................DON'T FORGET to stop and take a deep breathe once in awhile............your health matters too!! [/QUOTE]

Unless we get an actual letter from the trustee saying the motion has been cancelled and we don't need to then we will be there.

This mess is killing us.

Challenges
    $10.43

Mar/ Grocery

$58.58

Eat Out No More April
    Goal 20
    Accomp/1

No Spend Challenge