hardcore frugality - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I shower daily druing the weekdays however I think I will try cutting down to every other day and doing a quick wash up on the alternate days. On weekends I shower only on Sundays so Saturday is my no shower day.
    My mother only showers about once a week as she complains that it dries out her skin. I wash my hair once or twice a week washing more often severely dries it out. I do not play computer games as I enjoy sewing instead.
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    Goal: Donate at least one third of all belongings before the end of the year. I have wwwaaayyy to much stuff!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the idea of challenging conventions and instead finding what works for you. For me, I stopped using shampoo most of the time (maybe once every 2 weeks or so) and just wash my hair with water and a bit of conditioner, and only on the days I'm going somewhere. I only use anti-persirant on the days I work 8 hours which is only once or twice a week...on days I work half days I just use a little powder to keep me fresh. I figure how stinky can I get in 4 hours? On weekends I don't usually take a bath unless I feel like having one. I haven't bought new clothes in literally YEARS but am just now thinking I need to get a few more things (from the goodwill store) to top up my wardrobe.
    Debt-free forever!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I only like to play cards, spades and canasta being the favorite card games. I play those on msn games or yahoo games, and they are free. We only shower a couple times a week, and I enjoy a long soak in the bath once a week. Soaking in the tub is a great way to release toxins out of your body. I shampoo my hair once a week, as shampoos can be harsh on your hair. The rest of the week I just rinse my hair or use some baking soda to clean it. Baking soda I heard about when at the hair salon, to keep residue from hair spray from building up.
    Challenges

EF $3975.00

debt:
    medical bill $890/$6000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I soak in the tub every day----it's a treat I allow myself. But as long as you don't offend others with your natural smells, I have no problem with someone not showering/bathing every day. Live and let live, I believe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am not a die hard frugalista in that respect! I shower every other day and play free online games.{or Cd roms, board games etc} We have a low flow shower head and I don't turn the water on all of the way. That's the best that I can do. ~I like to smell pretty..he he.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I shower every 2-3 days because i'm either working, playing with my kids, or catching a little sleep.

One things that saves me from spending money is making our home a fun place to be so we don't have to go out and spend money just to have fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As the guy training for the Triathalon mentioned earlier, I do it more as needed. Back when I did construction work, I showered every day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ab27 View Post
    As the guy training for the Triathalon mentioned earlier, I do it more as needed. Back when I did construction work, I showered every day.
    I'm actually a girl training for a triathlon.

I use the term "girl" loosely, as I'm 37 years old. LOL!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I know I can't speak for all women everywhere but for the women that I know very well we all agree that just as a man is attracted by sight a woman is attracted by smell. Ssssooooooo if ever you find yourself with too much time alone or having to play games for entertainment instead of interacting with the opposite sex you might wanna re-think the shower schedule Even if I went to school with someone who I thought didn't smell very good I most likely wouldn't tell him/her, I'd simply avoid being near him/her.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ab27 View Post
    I forgot to mention that $15 for around 200 hours of gameplay a month is a great deal
    im assuming that you probably dont go out to the movies (insane $9 a pop) or buy a cd a week so $15 a month for all of your entertainment needs sounds like a very good deal to me.
    Marie

I had a baby!

Single mom, frugal to the bone, love doing stuff with my little one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, I can understand the $15 a month for gaming - my DH used to game a lot, but not hard core. As for showering, I sometimes try to skip one every now and then, but I always look for DH's cue and honesty with this sometimes I am sure I could skip more, but sometimes I really look forward to it. But we do try to limit them and keep them "frugal". This is an interesting thread, but a question - do you live in the dorm or out on your own? I ask because water shouldn't be an issue if you live in the dorm unless you are "green" which is still good. But, if you are out on your own and pay for water, sometimes the water company charges a flat rate for the first so many gallons. Just curious.
    Dianne

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dianne9106 View Post
    Okay, I can understand the $15 a month for gaming - my DH used to game a lot, but not hard core. As for showering, I sometimes try to skip one every now and then, but I always look for DH's cue and honesty with this sometimes I am sure I could skip more, but sometimes I really look forward to it. But we do try to limit them and keep them "frugal". This is an interesting thread, but a question - do you live in the dorm or out on your own? I ask because water shouldn't be an issue if you live in the dorm unless you are "green" which is still good. But, if you are out on your own and pay for water, sometimes the water company charges a flat rate for the first so many gallons. Just curious.
    Dianne
    off the topic BUT! i wrestled in high school!!!!! thats all. had to share LOL
    Marie

I had a baby!

Single mom, frugal to the bone, love doing stuff with my little one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some people perspire more than others.

If I'm feeling clean, I can wait a 2nd day to shower. But usually I find that I have more luck saving $$$ in areas other than bathing. I am using cheaper shampoo and soap these days, and I'd like to try and make my own.

I know the thought will make many of you scream... but I have an old Epilady from the 1980s that I pulled from storage last year that 'plucks' the hair from my legs. I only have to use it once a month now, so very little electric used. My legs are smooth and I save on expensive razors ('cause you can't go cheap on those things :surprise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like your idea of thinking outside of the box. I mostly do an office job so I tend to shower every other day, I also use a salt stone some days for deoderant. But if you are in college, sign up for a physical education class and shower there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Noel View Post
    I suppose we all make choices with tradeoffs, but I'll continue showering and shaving and give up monthly game subscriptions.
    I have to agree, I think I would have to take a second job before I stop showering...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast