Any other homebodies out there? - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AprilP View Post
    I'm definitely a homebody,
    when I was in high school, I was a total social butterfly. I was a cheerleader, on the girls dance squad, always at a party, always hanging out.

Thats me. In high school I was a social butterfly, infact my mom always joked that that was the only reason I went to school.

Now I would rather stay home. I didnt realize it until a short time ago. I would complain that we coudnt go out, now we can and I dont want to.

MY chat rooms are enough socialization for me

Registered User frugalandsimple's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a homebody too. When I'm not working, I prefer to stay home. I take care of my pets and enjoy the great outdoors when weather permits. I also have hobbies that keep me busy too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are homebodies too! Dh will go hang out with my brother once in a while and I go out to groceries. Other than that the only time we go out is when we go for a family walk. Our walks are at least an hr and more often than not we walk for about 3 or 4 hrs. We take the wagon with snacks and drinks and then the 3yr old can rest. I love these walks and they are pretty much the only thing I really enjoy away from home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Homebody..here too!

I am a stay home mom, that watches kids...yucky!!!!!!!! no, not that bad. But I really am not much into going out any more. I am very content, playing with my kids and the others. A good book, a sunny day, (on the weekends, my favorite is the trampoline in the sun, wrapped up in a big blanket..) I try to hide, but my kids find me, and we just lay there and laugh and talk. Warm and Happy. I wouldn't trade that for anything.
    Ms Louise

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're defintiely homebodies. I love being home, just doing my own thing. We do go to church frequently and we have just a few friends we occasionally get together with but we mostly entertain ourselves. I have never been an extrovert and being around groups of people just wears me out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Me! Me! Me! If I didn't have to work, I'd almost never leave the house. Well, except for groceries, since I do like to eat, and to hit the fabric stores -- just because! I have always been a homebody, even through school. I'm an introvert too, and being around a lot of people wears me out too. I hate being "on stage." I am never totally relaxed except when I'm home alone. But I have to admit, home is play space. I can't honestly say I like the cleaning, cooking aspect of it! And I also regret to have to report that it shows....
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My youngest DD likes to go, go, go but I just like staying home and doing things around the house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am definitely a homebody! I always have been, I was more social in high school (only to the extent that I would go along with my friends to school games or out to a pizza place after school sometimes.) If I didn't have to find a job to support myself I would stay home all day long, I have not found a job yet that seems to be worth my time and effort. I much prefer to be at home baking, cooking, reading, or writing. I don't mind going to the grocery store or the library, but that's typically the extent of my monthly outings. My fiance takes me out for lunch or dinner one time a month, I am glad that our finances are such that we can't afford more than that. I don't care for the rush, noise, and bustle of the city. I came from a tiny town and I haven't stopped longing for that pace of life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a total homebody now, but like others have mentioned I was a social butterfly in school. I was in plays from ages 5-21 (was getting paid to act the last 3 years), was in a garage punk band that played at frat parties etc. I was quite popular actually. (not bragging, just statement of fact)

My jobs were all in fields that had me dealing with the public, from news-talk radio to managing clothing stores. When I first had to quit work to take care of my Momma I thought I'd lose my mind. Strangely enough after that first year off from work I've grown to love being at home.

Who'd have thunk it?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spend a lot of time at home on the , studying, writing letters & cleaning, baking, & now I'm going through things to get rid of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've never been social, and I get less and less social every year.

I go out Sat. mornings for groceries and whatever else needs to be picked up. I'd rather go sometime when there are fewer people out, but going on the weekends allows me to leave the kids at home so it is faster. When my daughter is taking a class at the art centre, I drop her off and pick her up. Those are basically the only times I leave the house, especially this time of year.

I do like to go on trips though, and love to visit natural or historical landmarks while we're away, but not shopping or other 'people' type attractions. I'll force myself through disneyworld for the kids, but I'd rather be at an historical site (or as my husband calls them "More ruins? ")

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am most definitely a homebody. I've never, ever been a social person and happily spend every weekend at home baking, browsing the Internet, reading and going for walks. My dream is to live somewhere out in the country where I can be alone in the great outdoors when I want to be. If I didn't have to leave my home to go to work and grocery shopping, I wouldn't.

In case anyone is interested, I found a great site for people classified as introverts by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator tests (one of their characteristics is that they need to be alone some time every day to recharge). I'm certainly not saying that everyone who is a homebody is also an introvert, but it is a very interesting site with some incredible articles: http://www.theintrovertzcoach.com/ar..._articles.html.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm a homebody. There are days when I just have to get away, but there is no place I love better than my home.

I love just being here sitting with family and enjoying our time.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I pretty much learned from this site to be a homebody...Other than work I only go to the stores once a week..I use to go out 2 to 3 times a week to the stores..I have to say I prefer to stay home..In the summer I love being home tending to my garden..
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm the same way!. I love to be homekeeping, putting flowers up, doing things at home with my dh and kiddos. I like to have people over and bbq, but as I have gotten older I find I'm not one who likes to be out a lot.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast