Frugal Village Forums banner

any evangelical, conservative,Christians out there?

40K views 204 replies 114 participants last post by  artist 
#1 ·
After reading the non-christian thread I thought I would post this.
I'm southern baptist myself and probably will be until I die. I love Christ and dedicate my life to him. I read my bible almost daily and try to live my life "by the book" :). Anyone else feel the same way?

A great resource for non-Christians and Christians to read alike is The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. wonderful book!

Reactions: Scarlett_Kaye
#2 ·
Hi Missy:yeah:(except I'm Evangelical Free) ! I know there are more of us(if you read the thread about finding the Tomb of Christ on the Debate forum). So nice to meet you sister!

#3 ·
Hey, sisters! :) I'm glad someone posted this as I often feel somewhat alone on some of these forums. (Being a christian, being conservative: socially, spiritually and politically)

I'm independent Baptist. My husband and father are actually both Pastors. That's not why I'm Baptist of course, my own convictions make me that!

#20 ·
I'm independent Baptist. My husband and father are actually both Pastors. That's not why I'm Baptist of course, my own convictions make me that!
Wow how exciting to have a pastor father AND husband! My husband is not a pastor, but one of our good friends is attending the Southern Baptist seminary and performed our wedding. It was wonderful to have someone so close to us do it for us. My husband was raised Catholic (he's Irish) and was baptised baptist last year.

#17 ·
My goal in life is to be a Proverbs 31 woman.
You are a woman after my own heart! Have you heard of Nancy Leigh deMoss? She has a radio series called Revive Our hearts and just ended a series on Proverbs 31. You can hear it on the website, I beleive it began on Valentine's day and ended Tuesday.

#8 ·
I too am Southern Baptist. But first and foremost I am a Christian. I am conservative and that has led to another post about not having any/many friends. I am just not one to spend the day shopping and gossiping, because that is usually what happens. I fall short everyday but I strive to do my best.
It is good to know that there are others on the list that are sisters in Christ.

Reactions: Heather Groce
#9 ·
Hey sisters in Christ! :wave:

I've been meaning to post the same question. I'm so glad you did, Missymomof3.
Because of God's amazing grace, I'm a born again believer.
I am very conservative, but not Republican, I lean more toward the Constitution party.

#12 ·
Me too! Me too!

Saved by the blood of the Lamb!!

I was raised Baptist, I am currently in an Evangelical Free Church - but I am a born again Christian, that's what matters - not the church we attend.

#13 ·
I'm also a Christian woman. I was raised Lutheran and attended Lutheran school. We've been attending a non-demoninational Christian church for the last year or so.

Karen, when I was a little girl I always imagined myself being a pastor's wife. It didn't quite happen that way! ;)

#16 ·
I am a Christian and love it.

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"!

Hubby and I were both raise in Freewill Baptist homes and we would be doing a disservice to our children if we did not raise them in church! Some of our best memories growing up is with our church friends.

#19 ·
Yup, I am saved by grace too! I was raised in a Methodist church, but have been to many different ones as an adult. The only thing that matters to me is being saved by His grace.

" The Case For Christ" is a very popular book. When I worked at the Christian Bookstore we had trouble keeping it on the shelves for a while. I think there were lots of bible studies going on.

#22 ·
Well, I don't exactly do devotions but I have began reading the bible start to finish. I have read through the New Testament a couple of times but am now reading the OT. I am in Deuteronomy. I do, however, try to listen to Nancy Leigh Demoss in the mornings. She just did an entire series on Proverbs 31 which was wonderful!

#27 ·
I'm a born-again Christian. I belong to a Baptist church. I try to read my Bible through each year (I've read it six times!!). Nice to meet all my sisters. I am also conservative.

#28 ·
I was thrilled to see this post. I am a conservative Christian. The funny thing is that I was adopted...born a jew and adopted by German Methodists. I attend a Christian Union church every Sunday and have a daily walk and devotional with God everyday. I can't go to work without reading the word to start my day. I am born again and thank God everyday for the gift of his son to save us from sin and to give us eternal life. God's speed to all my Christians sisters....Blessings..Kathy

#29 ·
It's great to see other Christians here!! I am a Christian that attends the church of Christ. I try my best to live by the book, and serve Him the way He wants me to. :) My dad is a preacher, but didn't start preaching until about 3 years ago. He's only been a Christian now for 6 years. He opened a church in a nearby community that is very poor, and most there couldn't make it to a church, so now they have one!! I'm very proud of him, but of course we give the glory to God!

#30 ·
You know that simple, frugal living is found in the bible. God command us to be content with what we have. And people that live the way most of us do are content with what we have. God has helped me in my walk of being simple and following his path. Everyday God takes my hand and walks with me thru the day. I am thinking of starting a bible study on simple living with some women in my church. I just got a new book that is about simple living in God's word. It was one of the most wonderful books I have read in quite awhile. Very inspriational. Everyone have a wonderful and blessed Sunday...Blessings...Kathy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.