Jigsaw Puzzle Lovers Kith - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh, I do that too! Even when I know I'm not going to work it for a long time, I have to open it. Just to see. And touch.

Now though, I have an excuse. I have no room to store them in boxes, so I put them in labeled zipper plastic bags and cut the pictures off the boxes. It all stores much more compactly. If I didn't, between puzzles and my yarn stash, I would have to move the bed out onto the patio.
    DONNA

Reading: 20

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love jigsaw puzzles! When I was young, my dad always had one going on a big piece of cardboard, because we didn't have a table big enough!

I have a whole stack to do--I bought them when DH was in Afghanistan. I thought the kids would like to do them with me, so they're all pictures of animals. Mostly 1000 pieces. DD enjoyed doing them, DS not so much.
    We would do them on the dining room table, but about a year ago, my sister bought a dining set at a thrift store, and gave me the table, since she only wanted the chairs. It's a large butcher block table, and it now sits in my bedroom (my bedroom is huge), under the window. Now that's where I do all my puzzles.

The table is empty right now, I finished one before Christmas, and we needed the table for our New Year's Day dinner. Now that everyone is back to school and work, I can start something new!
    ~Tracy~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm probably get my puzzle table situated better tomorrow. Then I think I'll do a couple of smaller 500 piece puzzles I have:

Vintage Flora - 500pc Jigsaw Puzzle by Ravensburger

Lighthouse Diagram - 500pc Jigsaw Puzzle by Sunsout
    DONNA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh my I love that Vintage Flora..how beautiful! Enjoy!
    Jealous over here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The Vintage Flora is one of my new ones from the fall. It sparked the whole order - I saw, I had to have.

I love puzzles with lots of little interior pictures. I have a lot of the big White Mountain puzzles that are bordered with boxes. One of my favorite of those their Trees of North America puzzle - all over boxes! It was a lot of fun to work. (That's a weird looking link, but I clicked on it and it went to the right place.)

Trees of North America Puzzle-Jigsaw puzzles for sale, 1000 and 500 piece educational jigsaw puzzles Civil War Puzzle(s) Hollywood legends jigsaw puzzle Boston Globe series and more White Mountain Puzzles
    DONNA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, that is beautiful. & hubby liked it too.You sure do have a good eye for picking beautiful puzzles.
    Still working on that chickadee here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did anyone else get the email from SeriousPuzzles for 25% off Sunsout puzzles? I was soooooo tempted but I was a good girl and deleted it without looking. I haven't emptied the trash can yet though.

Cat
    "For if I have my faith, I can rise up and say, I still have it all." HisSong

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a zero puzzle budget for this year. I got a Bits and Pieces catalogue yesterday. It's going in the trash. It used to be a favorite company, but not any more.

Several years ago - I think it was - the company changed hands. I had just done a big puzzle order, around $79 if I recall. The puzzles came, nothing appeared on the CC. I tried to call, many times, but the phone was not working. I e-mailed repeatedly, and got no response. I did my conscientious best to pay for those puzzles, but there was no one to give any money too. So I got a bunch of free puzzles. Thanks, guys.

What they are making now doesn't appeal to me as much and they seem very expensive. I did get one from them in the fall though, at least I'm pretty sure it was from them - tiny Japanese ladies on a boat on a lotus pond. Or perhaps it's Japanese ladies on a boat amid gigantic mutant lotus blossoms. I think of them as "Japanese fairies." I have no idea what it's all about, but I really liked it anyway it was so different. At the same time I picked up a couple of really cheap close out puzzles, to make the shipping worthwhile. Ok, but nothing to be terribly excited about.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love doing jigzaw puzzles. My mom does them frequently and we always work on one together when I visit. It's a great activity for us because then she's concentrating too hard to pick on me.

I haven't done one at home by myself for many years, but I think I will get one out, because of this thread. I only have 2, and both are sort of boring.

Re. buying puzzles. My mom has had good luck buying them from thrift stores (very cheap!), but this only works if you can live with a piece or 2 missing, since that's a possibility with a used puzzle.

Kara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the puzzles that you guys are doing. That Vintage Flora one is gorgeous!

I started one a couple of days ago. It's 2000 pieces, a church in a field. It's an old one--I bought it at a thrift store. Most of the ones I buy are used.

Happy puzzling!
    ~Tracy~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I worked the Vintage Flora one last night - very easy, very quick. I like a challenge, but I like to keep some easy ones on hand too for times when I just don't want to work very hard!

I planned to do the lighthouse diagram next, but may save it and start one of the larger ones. Today - housework and crocheting.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ooh, I'm all excited! We are going out of state to visit with my sil & family soon and she said she has puzzles for us. In return we'll bring a bunch of ours for her & her friend. Woot! "New" stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finished up Magic by Josephine Wall yesterday. I'm quickly running out of puzzles to work. Rats!!!

Cat
    "For if I have my faith, I can rise up and say, I still have it all." HisSong

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I scored a free puzzle last week when I had to travel for work. The office I visited had some puzzles and games in the kitchen, free for the taking. I took one (that came in a box small enough to fit in my luggage) and now I have it going on the dining room table. So fun to do a puzzle again; it's been a really long time.

Kara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kara, nothing beats free puzzles!

Cat, do you keep them to work again? Of, course you wouldn't want to do again right away. Maybe you can find some more.

I just finished a big one a couple of days of ago, Historical Map in the top left corner of the page this links to:

1500 Pieces - Ravensburger Global

I also have the Celestial Map right next to it on the page, but I don't have the courage to start it right now. I want to something a little bit easier next!
    DONNA

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast