600ml (1 pint) Milk, warmed
40g (1½oz) Plain Flour
40g (1½oz) Butter
4 tbsp Parsley, chopped
Salt and Pepper​
Serves:
4​
Directions:
Peel and cut potatoes and put onto boil for 15-20 minutes.

With a sharp knife, cut the fish up (Different types of fish are the best with a mixture of smoked and unsmoked) Cut into small bite sized chucks and place in a casserole dish there should be enough fish to cover the bottom and fill 1/3rd of the dish.

Add prawns to mixture if desired.

You can also add veggies if you wish. Carrots, Celery and onions are a good add.

Make up sauce and add to the fish mixing well.

For the Sauce:
Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
Stir in the flour and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and gradually add the milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
Bring to the boil, still stirring, simmer for about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
When smooth and creamy, remove from the heat, stir in the chopped parsley and season to taste

Once the potatoes are soft, drain the water and mash add a little milk and butter to cream. Once creamed, spoon the potatoes on top of the fish base making sure there is an even layer of potato

Place in oven for 35 minutes at 400F/204C/Gas Mark 6

This can be frozen, cooking from frozen takes approx 50 minutes​

See less See more
#3 ·
This is going on my menu plan!!! I wonder if rice could be sub'd for the potato layer (too much mashed potato upsets my tummy :eek:uch:)..hmmm gonna give that a go and see!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.