Frugal Village Forums banner

hunting for bargain on frozen turkeys

4K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  BlissMommy 
#1 ·
Not sure i have this in right place i am sorry if i don't.

Has:pilgrim: anyone found a good buy on turkeys? I need start looking since it only a month until Thanksgiving:pilgrim::snowing:

#3 ·
please look into the way these cheap turkeys are made. The reason the label says "young" turkey is because they are given so many hormones to make the breasts large (since that's the part everyone wants) that if they are allowed to reach maturity, their legs could not support the huge breasts.
Read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. And try to find a local farmer to support by buying a fresh, hormone free turkey!

#4 ·
In the next few weeks, most grocery stores will drastically drop the price of their turkeys...and jack up the prices of most :skept: everything else.

#5 ·
I find that the prices will start dropping soon. I also notice that baking goods will go on sale shortly as well as people start their holiday baking. Just keep your eyes peeled! :)

#7 ·
Some stores run a special. Spend x amount during a certain time period and you get a free turkey. For me it is not worth it since I would be overspending to get the free turkey. I always notice that after the holiday they go on sale real cheap. Which can also come in handy for a meal after the holidays or even for easter.

#8 ·
I just said the same thing to dh when we were coming home from grocery shopping. Great minds think alike :)

#9 ·
Usually turkeys would have been on sale during the latter part of October, but that did not happen this year. Should be happening in a week or two then.

#11 ·
I just picked up a breast only @ Winn Dixie (not sure if you have those where you are at) for .99/lb. Neither BF nor I really care for dark meat, so this was perfect for us.

#12 ·
Looks like the sales are starting now for the turkeys - will know more when the massive grocery store ads come out on Tuesday. Made room in my refrig for one already!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.