Frugal Village Forums banner

Can I make it 2 weeks without grocery shopping?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  qsaver704 
#1 ·
Tomorrow will be Dec. 1st. Last month we spend WAY too much on groceries. I try to stay under $250, but last month we spent close to $425. My goal is to make it though the first two weeks of December (Dec 14) without shopping. It is going to be tough, as far as meats go, but we will have to have soups etc. for a few days.

#2 ·
We have LOTS of leftovers in the house. We should pretty much survive on those for at least today and maybe part of tomorrow.

For breakfast DS and DH had cereal. DD and I had leftover grits.
Lunch will be a choice of leftover chicken pot pie, pot roast, potato soup and various sides. Dinner will probably be the same.

#4 ·
I am doing the same thing:) I have spent way too much over the last 3 months on food do to all the family in town and diets. No more......I am buying flour today, because I have none and I have put aside $50 incase of an emergancy or something, but for the most part I want to spend nothing. I really want to take that $50 at the end of 2 weeks and put it towards the credit card. So far today:

B - Toast, eggs & coffee
L - leftovers & chicken salad
D - beef stroganoff

Wishing you the best of luck. Keep me posted on menu's.
Pam

Reactions: qsaver704
#5 ·
Hi all,

Menu for today:

B - eggs, coffee & cereal
L - Hubby X-mas office bowling party
D - Homemade pizzas

#6 ·
I also spent a ton of money last month and it seems to be this month is going to be just as bad, and I don't even mean the holidays. DD broke her collar bone and the bills are now arriving (after insurance), she also dented my truck, dh got a used hood from the junk yard (couldn't believe he got one in the exact color!) and dd's computer got a virus!! Argh! And of course last month with the heavy grocery bills. I will have to be creative this month for sure also.

#7 ·
Yesterday was cereal for breakfast, sandwiches or the last leftovers for lunch, and hamburgers and fries for dinner.

Today we had cereal for lunch. My sister treated us to lunch out. We did stop at my favorite out of town restruant to pick up some food to bring home tonight, so some spending, but worth it. Back to the pantry tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.