Frugal Village Forums banner

Feb 08 pantry/freezer challenge

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  parthy 
#1 ·
I know it's a little early but just thought I'd make the thread. I'm in this month since I didn't really do it like I thought I would last month.

#2 ·
I'm in this month as well, because I was the same way. I didn't follow through with it like I thought I would, or should have in January!!

#4 ·
I'm in. I want to buy as little as I can but still stockpile a little if that makes sense. For example I'm out of brown sugar so I'll buy a big bag but I'm going to try and spend a lot less and make do with what I have

#8 ·
I am in for Feb. The freezer is full and the pantry also relatively full. I will continue to buy items such as loss leaders, coupon deals and the like and will add them to my stockpile but will not use them in the month of Feb. Only actually using what is now in the house. This is a great challenge as it makes me remember what I have, use it up in a timely manner and get a bit more creative instead of just grabbing what I just brought on home!

#9 ·
I have not inventoried what I have I am trying to use it first and then organize and inventory.

Thawed one of my bargain thanksgiving turkeys I roasted the leg quarters, removed the breast while still partially frozen and sliced in to filets and refroze for any meal that calls for chicken breasts. then boiled the rest and took it off the bone... I made several pot pies and cooked one for dinner and froze the rest for later. one bargain 22 lb turkey = 8 or more bargain meals.

Meg

#10 ·
I'm buying chest freezer this weekend and stocking it full. I want at least 3-4 months worth of food and juices to see us through lean times.

This thread gave me the idea about writing an inventory list so I know exactly what we'll have in there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.