Fire Cracker Fire Cracker...Boom Boom Boom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Fire Cracker Fire Cracker...Boom Boom Boom

Ah... I love the sound of my neighborhood. It's gotta be the best holiday ever. The noise, the spirit, the beer drinking, the lakes, and...yea the US independence. I took my netbook outside. LOL

My cats can deal with it one time of the year.

Anyone else?

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm usually much more into it, but this year I'm feeling like your cats.

Enjoy your holiday Palooka!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh Polly I think it's far time you have some fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the fireworks but the smoke and smell makes it hard for me to breath:-(
    Fern

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We love the Fourth! Our city has a huge carnival, street dances, parade, live bands, etc. We hit up the carnival last night and had a blast. W enjoyed all the rides and games. Z enjoyed the people watching. Moo and I loved the cotton candy. Today I am hoping to take the kids to a concert in the park while Z works. The parade goes right by our house tomorrow and last for two hours. There are over 100 entries. And of course fireworks!

And I love that our parade starts out with the American Legion and the flags.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do not like them. Sorry I know I'm a party pooper but they annoy me terribly. It wouldn't be so bad if they were only done in professional shows that last for a short time, but the hours and hours of fireworks being lit by the average joe is just too much. When we lived in town up in Washington, it went on until the wee hours of the morning. I don't care how much you love the fourth, doing that is just a jerk move. They scare the pets and keep the kids awake.

A while back we got into a conversation about fireworks and PTSD on another board I go to. People were talking about how their war veteran fathers and husbands would hide in closets and under tables for the entire night because the noise triggered so much anxiety. After hearing those stories I don't think I'll ever be able to buy anything scarier than a sparkler.

But, it is only for one or two nights a year so I'll just have to suck it up. I was so happy though to see a sign in Monterey that said "All fireworks illegal. $1000 fine."

ETA. I actually love the fourth, just not the fireworks!
    ~Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.~

~The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Fireworks started here last week already. We can hear them into the wee hours of the night. I love them. The noise actually puts me to sleep.
    April No Spend Days - 910 /22
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 103 /365
    2014 April Gas Challenge - $35 / $80
    April Keep Fit - 330 min / 900 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Give God your problems and he will give you His peace.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One year because of budget cuts our town was going to have no firework display. There was just no money for it like there had been in the past. And the law was already no private fireworks in town huge fine.

It was adding up to be a somber year.
    No fireworks

Then private citizens that had $$$ decided that we needed a celebration and paid for and put on the display. It was smaller then usual but everyone was grateful for it.

It was a turning point in our town when we all learned that government budgets ( local federal, state) are stretched to thin and private citizens stepped up everywhere to fill in the gaps. feeding hungry children. Figuring out how to extend after school programs with out school budget dollars. Providing school supplies to ease school and parent burden of this. Private people spent their money to do this.

Yes, when I see the fireworks they are more special now. They represent people working together for the good of all in the past and the present.

Enjoy the 4th everyone.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 19 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our town has a zero tolerance policy for civilians and fireworks. That includes bottle rockets. Last year was the first year it was in effect and a lot of tickets were issued. We haven't heard as many fireworks this year.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love the fourth, including the fireworks and all that goes with it. The city nearest me puts on a great show over the lake. IT is illegal to do your own. Fine by me too many peole get hurt because they don't know what they are doing. We missed them last night, but did hear muffled sound. My poor little girl, my dog, Bubbles was trying to get under me and was so afraid. I felt so bad for her. This morning we had thunder storm...again she was so afraid. My other dogs could care less. She will sleep alot today.
    Happy Fourth Weekend
    L8eebugg

finish 5 quilts by end 12/14
    1/31 Eating out for Jan. -5--/Feb. Goal 7
    --1--/March Goal 5
    Change Jar/Penny 85.79/200

Grocery --39.00/January -50.79--/Feb. goal: $60.
    --123.--- March goal $75
    Homesteading Challenge: plant 3 fruit trees/make jerky

clean/declutter: house 2014 lr/dr done
    Loan 1 DONE / Loan 2 DONE
    2014 purge/organize challenge
    utility challenge: any $ down is great/fuel oil 500 gallons
    Feb. added 400 gallons

use it up/hobby: 5 dishcloths
    ----/gift cards

spend days: 8/31 January 10/9 Goal: 9 Feb.
    11/10 March

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love firework displays put on by the professionals; I do not like neighbors blowing off ones that rock my house AND I did feel sorry for my dogs who were scared to death of the really loud ones.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

here in houston we have a ban because of the drought. the grass is crispy and they don't want fires. amen.
    baby step 2- see blog for actual amounts

"stop being a victim, you are a perpetrator, taking things without paying for them is stealing, you are not a victim, you are a perpetrator. PAY THE PEOPLE YOU OWE, pray for the people you owe, and make it right. " hard nosed AA person, thumping his big book, addressed to me in AA meeting 7/30/2013

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't mind watching them, but wont go out of my way to do it and we don't buy them..

I remember growing up in California, every 4th of July many people, including us were watering down their roofs, after awhile of that, it kinda takes the fun out of fireworks..

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    We love the Fourth! Our city has a huge carnival, street dances, parade, live bands, etc. We hit up the carnival last night and had a blast. W enjoyed all the rides and games. Z enjoyed the people watching. Moo and I loved the cotton candy. Today I am hoping to take the kids to a concert in the park while Z works. The parade goes right by our house tomorrow and last for two hours. There are over 100 entries. And of course fireworks!

And I love that our parade starts out with the American Legion and the flags.
    Sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Fireworks started here last week already. We can hear them into the wee hours of the night. I love them. The noise actually puts me to sleep.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by ladykemma2 View Post
    here in houston we have a ban because of the drought. the grass is crispy and they don't want fires. amen.
    That's a bummer, but wise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I LOVE going to watch them - the pro shows however idiot kids shooting them off at midnight, not so much. Nor while I'm walking through the park to the open field to watch the big city show - stupid kids HOLDING roman candles and shooting them at each other. W.T.F?! But to be fair, the fireworks here are lame in comparison to the ones you guys have.

Maybe if I play my cards right, we could be in the US for 4th of July next year and I'll get to watch y'alls huge shows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast